DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection and lost drone.

BjornGunn

Reactions
Hello guys !
I lost my Mavic Air today... I was flying today and had a good connection. I tried going a little bit higher up as I never tried before. Got to 430 meters ! Wow amazing for this machine but after that I lost video transmission.Before that I saw he was behaving very weird like he was falling. I never gained the video again, the drone went to RTH mode and it hovered down then took some really weird turnes where the RTH was not. On my phone and the last track it got disconnected in 93 meters and never saw it again. Can any body help or explain things better for me? Im super sad and I was not even trying to do something stupids, just trying to get a good shot. I looked for it for 4 hours without luck :( The drone never went any distance in this flight until it just did it on its own. 73248

Thanks in advance !

I may be able to help you explain what happened if you can uplad the FLYXXX.dat file from the app corresponding to that flight (they have dates in their names). They should be in the DJI folder in your phone's local storage.

I may be able to help you explain what happened if you can uplad the FLYXXX.dat file from the app corresponding to that flight (they have dates in their names). They should be in the DJI folder in your phone's local storage.

Thank you for responding ! I would really appreciate it. Can you assist me how I can retrieve it ?

Then the tutorial with iTunes should do it.

I did some extrapolation from the screenshot, did you check those places marked red? That's where the drone could have ended up if it kept going at the same attitude it was when you lost signal. I know it's a longshot, but maybe? Check the trees I marked, too.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here's the location on google maps:

Then the tutorial with iTunes should do it.

I did some extrapolation from the screenshot, did you check those places marked red? That's where the drone could have ended up if it kept going at the same attitude it was when you lost signal. I know it's a longshot, but maybe? Check the trees I marked, too.

View attachment 73253

Here's the location on google maps:

I will definitely take a better look at these places tomorrow. I Looked through the vine yards where it says it was 93 meters without luck.. Il try to send the files quickly

I hope its this what your looking for. Its the last record I found

Attachments

• 2019-05-23 13_09_59-0K1DF351ADJ574.dat
    485 bytes · Views: 25
Unfortunately that's not it, but I can already see an IMU error...

The file should be named something like 19-05-23-XX-XX-XX_FLYXXX.DAT - make sure you're looking for FlightRecords, not FlightLogs.

Reactions: sar104
The IMU errors are likely indicative of the cause of the event:

[["2019-05-23 13:09:59","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]]
[["2019-05-23 13:10:28","IMU attitude error. Please check that the IMU is mounted properly."]
["2019-05-23 13:10:29","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]
["2019-05-23 13:10:34","IMU heading error. Please try flying forward and backward or land as soon as possible to calibrate the compass."]]
[["2019-05-23 13:11:01","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]]

Reactions: RPBloor
That's the .txt. there should be a .dat inside FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords folder.

@sar104 do you think it's core recovery striking again?

Yeah.

621.815 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
625.084 : 34150 [L-FDI][FDI] ns atti(0) tilt is outlier
625.084 : 34150 [L-FDI][FDI] ns atti(1) tilt is outlier

Why is it that the first thing I do now when analyzing MA logs is ctrl+f "core"... Oh yeah, because they just fall out of the sky. :(

@BjornGunn if you manage ot find the craft, DJI should be able to replace it.

Yeah.

Why is it that the first thing I do now when analyzing MA logs is ctrl+f "core"... Oh yeah, because they just fall out of the sky. :(

@BjornGunn if you manage ot find the craft, DJI should be able to replace it.

So this is a manufacturing fault and my product is bad? No normal for the drone to lose all of its connection and just disappear. I will try to look for it and if I find it I will post it. What did you read out of those files? Dropped from the ski haha

The drone encountered an internal software error. While we don't really know what "core recovery" actually means, it's usually followed by the drone crashing.

The DAT file event stream contains an error I've now seen 4 times, every time followed by a disconnect and aircraft failure. DJI replaced the aircraft in at least one of those cases:

I searched a lot of these places and did not find it. Thinking about calling it off. its a hard search and its frustrating walking in grass thats higher than you stomach...

• Sad
Reactions: Ed Bifulco
I searched a lot of these places and did not find it. Thinking about calling it off. its a hard search and its frustrating walking in grass thats higher than you stomach...

Can you post the txt log - it has some additional data that might help figure out exactly where it ended up.

Reactions: Ed Bifulco
I feel like these posts are far too frequent and that it's just a matter of time before my MA suffers one if these software errors. Is there any preventive maintenance that one can do to try to avoid this scenario?

Reactions: Kelly Dickson
I feel like these posts are far too frequent and that it's just a matter of time before my MA suffers one if these software errors. Is there any preventive maintenance that one can do to try to avoid this scenario?

They are not really frequent at all compared to the number of problem-free aircraft out there. This is a problem-solving forum, and so people post problems here. If everyone posted about every uneventful flight that they made then the problematic flights would be lost in the noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman