DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost connection - didn't RTH but just hovered in place

A possibility not mentioned here is taking off prior to getting a GPS lock. This will not allow a return to home as no home point was recorded. In this case if your signal is lost it will hover in place, no matter what your settings are...
That wasn't mentioned because that's not how things work.
If you are impatient and launch without waiting for GPS, the drone will still record a homepoint, when/where it does acquire good GPS location data.
That might be just a few seconds after launching or it could be more, but a home point will be recorded.

The cause of the incident was identified and explained back in posts #11 & 17

When Everything else has been tried, completely dump the entire DJI Fly app, reinstall and pray for the best. After that……. Maybe try another flight control program. I bought the Litchi app and if you can figure out a way for me to share it with you, LMK??

When Everything else has been tried, completely dump the entire DJI Fly app, reinstall and pray for the best. After that……. Maybe try another flight control program. I bought the Litchi app and if you can figure out a way for me to share it with you, LMK??
The cause of the issue was explained back in posts #11 & 17.
Reinstalling the app won't make any difference and neither would using Litchi.

Reactions: JMMath

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54