DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Connection Please Help!

Edip

Reactions
Hello!
I am just new to Mavic, and this forum is helping me a lot.
Here is what happened to me and i couldn't find the reason: last weekend while i was flying i received the Lost Connection Error, the remote was not controlling the Mavic even though it was in an open area with clear sky and not far from me, with almost no building or whatsoever. I did set RTH at beginning so my Mavic returned home safely however that made me very nervous and i would like to know why it happened. The connection was lost for once and never regain connection again even after landing in a close range. Why? What did i do wrong?
Here is the link to my TXT file.
DJI Phantom & Mavic Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Any Help, comment is appreciated.
Thank You

Edip! Hi There! With me it happens exactly the same, like 2-3 times in the same day. What I found is that shuting down the controller and the go app and turning on again, get the connection back and could fly without a problem.

After that I fly like 5-6 times again and never see again the same problem.

That is a really distressing situation. I can understand how the video link may suffer from time to time but the 2.4ghz RC link should NEVER have an issue unless there is electronic / electrical interference nearby or you are very far away or there are physical obstructions in the way.
I have been flying RC aircraft since 1970 on the old 72 mhz bands and now on the 2.4ghz stuff and have NEVER had a single instance of the RC disconnecting. Not a single time. So WTF is wrong with this constant problem from DJI??????
Maybe DJI needs to get some proper electronic design training for their engineers from the people at Spektrum, JR or Futaba or from some other outfit that really knows what the hell they are doing.
It seems like DJI (and maybe others too) are concentrating way too much on adding "features and gimmicks" to their products that they are forgetting the most vital feature of all, reliable RC connectivity.
Pretty darn inexcusable IMO.

Thank You, reflex and BerndM for your help.

Apparently this is a very common problem with DJI, and 100% agree with BerndM, this shouldn't happen at all and DJI must find a fix quick. This is my first DJI product and i started to ask to myself if i will ever upgrade or buy another DJI product in the future if these kind of problem are not solved.

Some user said that they did find a fix by changing the USB cable that came in the box with a quality one.

Others said that by putting the phone to airplane mode and turning off the clear cache option they solved the problem.

Apparently, No one has a 100% working single solution for now, it is just trial and error, hope DJI will come up with one fast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan