DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost Connection RTH setting can't be over ridden?

If you take anything from my post above, it should be that we all make mistakes and I made a real beauty, it is by no means limited to you.
I would have sworn blind ( and did) that fail safe hover would continue until the battery died.

Can I ask what drone was/is it? I see mention of Mavic but not a precise model.
With regards to the DAT files on the phone, if they exist they are likely to be in a folder named MCDatFlightRecords which is in or should probably be in the folder where you presumably found the txt flight logs
It is the Mavic Air 2 using the DJI Fly App. I did look in that folder, but did not find a .dat file. This reference from a poster on this forum (Sar104 in December of 2029) said they
likely get converted to those .csv fiiles ?

Having had a lot to do with aircraft logic over 40+ years especially now in the digital age and the meaning of fail safe. If set to hover and loss of rc then when battery depleted it could be dangerous and cause trouble if it were to land where it began hovering. If it were to rth even if over water it would just get wet.
On the MA2 the book is non commital to what actually happens
Thank you for your thoughts. I understand that it could/would be dangerous for someone underneath. It was a gross error on my part, not intentional. I have always used RTH as the setting,
except on several occasions when I was flying along a narrow river with overhanging tree's and did not want it to raise up into one of them. I will try to Only use RTH from now on for safety
and replacement cost.

If you open the Fly app and, on its front page, press "profile", then "settings" and then "sync flight data",...... is "auto-sync Flight Records" enabled (the button is likely blue) or disabled ( the button is likely grey)?
If it is enabled it may be that the DAT file was uploaded to DJI and then deleted from the phone, see Missing .dat files
I have it disabled and around 300 DAT files in MCDatFlightRecords, I also regularily copy new DAT and txt files to my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the attached .csv files the DAT file you mention, but they have been converted to .csv. ? I could not find any .dat files.
No, the mobile device DAT log is a log of it's own & not something else transferred to CSV format.

The location of the mobile device DAT is already mentioned in posts above but go here and read up under section 3. where it is --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

... and also stated there is this --> The DJI Fly app deletes the DAT files if and when it syncs flight records with the DJI servers, and so they are often missing from the MCDatFlightRecords folder. So due to this it's wise to deactivate the autosync in the FLY app.

The DAT log for this flight is named like this YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLY045.DAT
... nothing else. The probability that something more is shown in the DAT over the TXT log is slim ... once the RC with it's mobile device is disconnected from the AC the log stops, which was the case in your incident.

Can sync'd phone DAT files be downloaded from DJI, maybe by emailed request?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you open the Fly app and, on its front page, press "profile", then "settings" and then "sync flight data",...... is "auto-sync Flight Records" enabled (the button is likely blue) or disabled ( the button is likely grey)?
If it is enabled it may be that the DAT file was uploaded to DJI and then deleted from the phone, see Missing .dat files
I have it disabled and around 300 DAT files in MCDatFlightRecords, I also regularily copy new DAT and txt files to my computer.
Thank You, will work on it and get back

No, the mobile device DAT log is a log of it's own & not something else transferred to CSV format.

The location of the mobile device DAT is already mentioned in posts above but go here and read up under section 3. where it is --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

... and also stated there is this --> The DJI Fly app deletes the DAT files if and when it syncs flight records with the DJI servers, and so they are often missing from the MCDatFlightRecords folder. So due to this it's wise to deactivate the autosync in the FLY app.

The DAT log for this flight is named like this YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLY045.DAT
... nothing else. The probability that something more is shown in the DAT over the TXT log is slim ... once the RC with it's mobile device is disconnected from the AC the log stops, which was the case in your incident.
Thank You ! The support and knowledge of members like you is invaluable. I'll check this out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S