DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing .dat files

Bbarr

Reactions
This has been bothering me. I use an ipad air 2 most times, but sometimes iphone XR . The dat files are not there, but! I did an experiment and deleted and reloaded Fly. Flew for 15 minutes and I had a dat file. Emailed it to myself. Flew again next day and the folder is empty again.
Appears the folder is being recreated after ever flight. .

Following this, since we seem to see a few folks unable to find the DAT file. There has also been reference to deleting and reinstalling the app I think?

I did that and it worked for one flight. Now the folder is empty again, but I have the file I emailed to myself. So I know it is being generated.
Its warmed up and I will fly in a few minutes.
Im guessing it will not give me a dat file unless I delete and reinstall.
And I did check to make sure the dat folder was gone when I reinstalled.

Just did a 15 minute flight and I have a dat file Sent to myself . I’ll warm up and put a new bat in and see what happens . Bet the folder is empty again .

Well as I expected , dat folder is empty after a 15 min flight WTH ...
Just heard from the DJI forum ... did you sync flight to DJI servers in between the DAT was there & it disappeared?

I have it to auto-sync but do remember something telling me not synced and did.,
But last flight has no dat ?

I have it to auto-sync but do remember something telling me not synced and did.,
But last flight has no dat ?
Can you test it ... turn off the auto sync, fly, check if DAT is there, close app, perhaps restart phone, check if it's there again, sync & lastly check if it's there or gone.

*EDIT*

Actually you don't have to fly ... DAT is rolling from power on to off. So should be enough just to start the Mini up for a minute or so & turn off.

Can you test it ... turn off the auto sync, fly, check if DAT is there, close app, perhaps restart phone, check if it's there again, sync & lastly check if it's there or gone.

*EDIT*

Actually you don't have to fly ... DAT is rolling from power on to off. So should be enough just to start the Mini up for a minute or so & turn off.
Interesting ,did as you said and fired it up in the house but did not fly. No flightlog, but a dat file ? Every time I look at sync it turns to auto ?

Interesting ,did as you said and fired it up in the house but did not fly. No flightlog, but a dat file ? Every time I look at sync it turns to auto ?
TXT log is only started after motor start & stops when motors stop ... that's way only a DAT when only powered on.

The crucial I want to test is what happens before & after a sync to DJI servers. Don't have the Fly app myself so can't check this without assistance.

Perhaps setting the phone in flight mode to block sync?

Any update on this? I also am missing all the flyXXX.dat files from my mavic air, I have DJI 4 and iphone 7.

TXT log is only started after motor start & stops when motors stop ... that's way only a DAT when only powered on.

The crucial I want to test is what happens before & after a sync to DJI servers. Don't have the Fly app myself so can't check this without assistance.

Perhaps setting the phone in flight mode to block sync?

The Fly app deletes DAT files when the flight records are synchronized to the DJI cloud servers. If auto-sync is enabled that may be immediately after the flight, and so the only fixes are either to disable auto-sync or remember to keep the device disconnected from the internet and cellular service until you have retrieved the files.

Don't want to derail the thread, but I have a Mavic Pro and it seems I need to sync manually. I don't see an option for auto-sync. I'm using the latest Go 4 app. Am I looking in the wrong spot? I'd like to keep it to manually sync so I have the logs if I ever need them.

Don't want to derail the thread, but I have a Mavic Pro and it seems I need to sync manually. I don't see an option for auto-sync. I'm using the latest Go 4 app. Am I looking in the wrong spot? I'd like to keep it to manually sync so I have the logs if I ever need them.

There is no auto-sync option with the GO 4 app.

Reactions: GarthH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun