DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro DAT file retrieved with Assistant 2 does not contain DATs when extracted with ExtractDJI

crada

Reactions
Hi,
I'm fairly new here and I'm doing some experimenting with my Mavic Pro. I've been using Airdata CSV exports to analyze the flights, however I'm missing interesting variables like RPM, battery temperature and battery discharge current. Therefore I'm trying to get into the DAT files stored within the Mavic. I retrieved them using Assistant 2, and then tried to decode the data with CsvView (v.4.2.7). It complains that the data needs to be first extracted with ExtractDJI. I've read that indeed Assistant 2 bundles the DATs files that can be read by CsvView, so the extraction stage is necessary. However, when I run ExtractDJI it says "DONE" but doesn't produce any DAT files. If I choose the option "Extract all", it produces folders full of log files like the ones in the screenshot below. How can I extract the data from these files? Or how can get DAT files from the Assistant 2 DAT? Or how can I turn these folders in a DAT file that CsvView can read?
Thanks a lot

1678150819834.png
This is a complete list of the files inside the folder:
connection.log
gimbal_para_record.log
hm_config.txt
hm_data.log
hm_data.txt
hm_mass.txt
iosd-103.txt
large_file.2
large_file.3
large_file.4
mini_file.0
misc.log
monitor_crash.txt
nav_data.txt
neo_config.txt
neo_data.txt
pl_data_dbg.txt
pl_data_storage.txt
pl_disp_imu.txt
save_table
sys.log
upodate_home_point_log.txt

Try processing the DAT from you phone using CsvView or DatCon.
If you normally sync your logs with DJI stop doing that until you have copies of the DAT's from the phone saved somewhere else.
Also you might like to read Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
Thanks for the suggestion!
As I could not see RPM, current and battery temperature on Airdata I assumed that those variables were not stored in the phone. But indeed they are all there (after opening the DAT files in the GO 4 app with CsVview).
It would still be interesting to access the DAT files in the Mavic, but these ones have all I need. Thanks
And the guide was a very informative reading, thanks for that as well.

I can't help with the drone DAT sorry, it's such a pity DJI encrypted later drone DATs. The ones on my P3 can be read with CsvView straight off the drone but the M2P's can't, mutter mutter beep beep.
They even encrypt some phone DAT's now e.g. the Min 2's ..... grrrrrrr.

Hi,
I'm fairly new here and I'm doing some experimenting with my Mavic Pro. I've been using Airdata CSV exports to analyze the flights, however I'm missing interesting variables like RPM, battery temperature and battery discharge current. Therefore I'm trying to get into the DAT files stored within the Mavic. I retrieved them using Assistant 2, and then tried to decode the data with CsvView (v.4.2.7). It complains that the data needs to be first extracted with ExtractDJI. I've read that indeed Assistant 2 bundles the DATs files that can be read by CsvView, so the extraction stage is necessary. However, when I run ExtractDJI it says "DONE" but doesn't produce any DAT files. If I choose the option "Extract all", it produces folders full of log files like the ones in the screenshot below. How can I extract the data from these files? Or how can get DAT files from the Assistant 2 DAT? Or how can I turn these folders in a DAT file that CsvView can read?
Thanks a lot

View attachment 161405
This is a complete list of the files inside the folder:
connection.log
gimbal_para_record.log
hm_config.txt
hm_data.log
hm_data.txt
hm_mass.txt
iosd-103.txt
large_file.2
large_file.3
large_file.4
mini_file.0
misc.log
monitor_crash.txt
nav_data.txt
neo_config.txt
neo_data.txt
pl_data_dbg.txt
pl_data_storage.txt
pl_disp_imu.txt
save_table
sys.log
upodate_home_point_log.txt
I suspect the correct selection wasn't made in the DJI Assistant 2 step. But, it's been a long time since I've used Assistant 2 to retrieve .DATs from my MP. And, DJI has probably made some changes to Assistant 2.....

There is also the Mounted Disk drive method of retrieving .DATs from the MP. Don't need Assistant 2 for this method. Look here

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

I suspect the correct selection wasn't made in the DJI Assistant 2 step. But, it's been a long time since I've used Assistant 2 to retrieve .DATs from my MP. And, DJI has probably made some changes to Assistant 2.....

There is also the Mounted Disk drive method of retrieving .DATs from the MP. Don't need Assistant 2 for this method. Look here

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
@crada
If you like you could provide the .DAT created by Assistant 2 and I'll take a look to be certain ExtractDJI is functioning properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute