DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost contact with my mavic 2 Pro yesterday in NC

Aerialman

Reactions
I'm in big trouble, nand I hear wonderful things about this group so I'm here asking for help. I'm 81, a Faa certified pilot with lots of flying experience with Yuneec & now Mavic drones (don't ask) plus RC electric planes. Yesterday I lost all contact with my mavic 2 pro while capturing images of a closed golf course for a client. Altitude: 200' distance: 700 yds., cloudy but no rain or wind, flight time: 7 minutes +-, low battery warning 25 %, everything seemed normal until;
1.I received a low battery warning which surprised me because they had been charged the night before and I usually get about 15 min.
2. I selected return to home which I use regularly.
3. Instantly received a weak signal warning immediately followed by a lost signal and then a blank screen.
4. Thinking I was safe because I pressed return to home I waited 15 minutes before beginning to look for it knowing its general direction and found nothing.
5. Today 3 of us scoured the area between its last known position and a direct path to home position. At 81 it's not easy to do. Nothing, Nada!!

My question: Is there anywhere/way I can find a file in my smart controller that will give me any gps or other information that may help locate my mavic partner??? I'm not really a wiz at exploring software files so please be as helpful as possible. I will be eternally grateful. Thanks.

I suspect the battery had a cell failure which caused a premature drop in voltage and power.
Did it give any indication of forced landing before signal was lost?

Find My Drone will give you the last location the AC was at before signal loss, where signal loss was probably caused by power loss.
With that current assumption, the AC is probably not too far from last known position, with adjustment for inertial travel in the direction it was originally flying, and adding the effect of winds.

If there were any trees or buildings in the vicinity of last known location, don't forget to look up. However even when you know what tree it's in, it still can be hard to spot.

Once you provide the logs, experts here can give a more accurate determination.

Reactions: kidroc
Is there anywhere/way I can find a file in my smart controller that will give me any gps or other information that may help locate my mavic partner???
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides or just post the .txt file, and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the incident.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides or just post the .txt file, and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the incident.

As said previously, post your files; these guys are amazing in their analysis of the data and they will help you figure out what happened and likely help you recover your drone. Following.

Have you reviewed your flight path on your device using the included flight records. It will show you where it ended on the map. It's in the app. In fact, all your flights will be there.

This exact thing happened to me and unfortunately I was flying over the ocean. Fast forward through the back and forth with DJI and just sent them over $1k for a new drone....total BS!

This exact thing happened to me and unfortunately I was flying over the ocean. Fast forward through the back and forth with DJI and just sent them over $1k for a new drone....total BS!
How can you tell that whatever happened to yours was the same as the OP's incident?
He wasn't interested enough to follow up and post flight data to see what caused his incident (there are several possibilities), so there's no way to tell.

If you're curious to find out about yours, see post #4.

How can you tell that whatever happened to yours was the same as the OP's incident?
He wasn't interested enough to follow up and post flight data to see what caused his incident (there are several possibilities), so there's no way to tell.

If you're curious to find out about yours, see post #4.
Same thing as in lost all communication with the drone....after thinking about it at length I think the battery failed somehow and the drone fell into the ocean...if not it probably would have returned home.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Same thing as in lost all communication with the drone....after thinking about it at length I think the battery failed somehow and the drone fell into the ocean...if not it probably would have returned home.
Not curious enough to have experts look at teh data and see what it indicates?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98