DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone!

Albertopedro

Reactions
Hi guys
new to the forum! just lost my drone (mavic mini)....it went up despite i was trying to taking it down....everything was going smooth. Onestly I've no explication: maybe the cold caused the problelm.
Anyway i'm trying to locate it in the snow, but i cannot find anything in the last known gps positizion.
i'm going tho share the log file, if anyone has some advice about a more precise locatione....it would be much appreciated!

thanks all

if anyone has some advice about a more precise locatione....it would be much appreciated!
The flight data is unusual and I'll have to look into it to work out what happened.
It shows the drone descending 80 metres lower than the launch point at 6:35, but the terrain shown on Google Earth indicates that wouldn't be possible.
I'll look further into the data to work out what happened.

The data is showing that the drone landed here, about 20 metres west of the road.
Perhaps the two trees on the road edge and two smaller trees away from the road could help to find the spot.
The GPS location is 46.02351 11.03400
i-tzf5g6V-XL.jpg

i-D2DTtwD-L.jpg

Last edited:
it went up despite i was trying to taking it down....everything was going smooth. Onestly I've no explication: maybe the cold caused the problem.
Your flight data shows a serious problem with altitude data.

At 2:30.5 your drone descended 10 metres in 4 seconds without any joystick input and a little later climbed 13 metres without joystick input.
It started losing altitude again at 6:10.7 and sank from 36 metres to an indicated height of -80 metres at 6:35.8 without any corresponding joystick input.

This appears to be impossible as the terrain there was only 8 metres lower than the launch point.
Either Google Earth terrain heights are incorrect or the drone's altitude sensor is producing incorrect data?
The data shows RTH being initiated shortly after at 6:41 and climbing to 30 metres and returning normally.
But when it descended at the home point, the data shows it descending 70 metres lower than the launch point.
As this is impossible it's obvious that the altitude sensor is giving crazy height data which cannot be relied on.
Later in the flight, at 16:04 minutes it shows a height of -329 metres !!

The data shows you flying until 19:13.4 when autolanding was initiated with the drone 65 metres from home.

But at 19:12.6 without any joystick input the drone is slowly drifting to the southwest.
The most likely explanation for this would be that the drone was at some unknown high altitude and being blown away.

Perhaps you were disoriented as you pulled the right stick down, which flew the drone further away, backwards while it was auto descending.
The drone ended up 500 metres away.

The altitude data is not believable but the pitch, roll and yaw data shows it landing and possibly ending up upside down at the location I gave in the previous post.

The reason for the crazy altitude data is puzzling.
I haven't seen this before.
When you find the drone, it should go back to DJI to be fixed.

Hello,
just a follow up: i could not locate the drone, even after a thorough research in the area with the skis (the area is covered in snow).
Meanwhile DJI analyzed the flight log and determined thai there was a drone malfunction: so, drone replacement without any cost,
Great assistance.

Your flight data shows a serious problem with altitude data.

At 2:30.5 your drone descended 10 metres in 4 seconds without any joystick input and a little later climbed 13 metres without joystick input.
It started losing altitude again at 6:10.7 and sank from 36 metres to an indicated height of -80 metres at 6:35.8 without any corresponding joystick input.

This appears to be impossible as the terrain there was only 8 metres lower than the launch point.
Either Google Earth terrain heights are incorrect or the drone's altitude sensor is producing incorrect data?
The data shows RTH being initiated shortly after at 6:41 and climbing to 30 metres and returning normally.
But when it descended at the home point, the data shows it descending 70 metres lower than the launch point.
As this is impossible it's obvious that the altitude sensor is giving crazy height data which cannot be relied on.
Later in the flight, at 16:04 minutes it shows a height of -329 metres !!

The data shows you flying until 19:13.4 when autolanding was initiated with the drone 65 metres from home.

But at 19:12.6 without any joystick input the drone is slowly drifting to the southwest.
The most likely explanation for this would be that the drone was at some unknown high altitude and being blown away.

Perhaps you were disoriented as you pulled the right stick down, which flew the drone further away, backwards while it was auto descending.
The drone ended up 500 metres away.

The altitude data is not believable but the pitch, roll and yaw data shows it landing and possibly ending up upside down at the location I gave in the previous post.

These dudes on this forum ROCK! You gotta downed or flyaway drone? Dont understand the LOGs? These guys will put in (I dont kno how many) hours per day to help anyone out.
If you go to an RC Helicopter or Plane forum you shouldnt expect help like you get here. My Helo Forum You post a thread then check back in a week. Here you will get a reply before you can figure how to get out of the website. THANKS EVERYONE! YOU ALL ROCK

Hello,
just a follow up: i could not locate the drone, even after a thorough research in the area with the skis (the area is covered in snow).
Meanwhile DJI analyzed the flight log and determined thai there was a drone malfunction: so, drone replacement without any cost,
Great assistance.
Whilst a shame you didn't recover it that's great to hear DJI paid out with a replacement!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22