Join Us Now

Lost Drone

Gary Rowe

Reactions
Can somebody HELP ME plase

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-01_[15-34-12].txt
    212.8 KB · Views: 53
Looks like a battery disconnect to me - the log ends abruptly with no indication of signal problems. If that's the case, then from around 140 ft up and moving at 20 mph, it should have travelled another 25 meters or so before impact.

1546442435117.jpeg

Looks like a battery disconnect to me - the log ends abruptly with no indication of signal problems. If that's the case, then from around 140 ft up and moving at 20 mph, it should have travelled another 25 meters or so before impact.

View attachment 57508
Thanks for the speedy come back. Guess I better get out there and see if the neighbors will let me search the back yard.

Well that didn't work so well. Knocked on the door to get permission to look in back yard and was asked if it had a camera on it. when I replied yes was told it was illegal and permission denied.

Well that didn't work so well. Knocked on the door to get permission to look in back yard and was asked if it had a camera on it. when I replied yes was told it was illegal and permission denied.
Where do you live?

The local law enforcement folks could be shown the graph provided by sar and explain to the homeowner that their possession of someone else’s property may not be the correct line of thought. A little reward $ may provide some incentive.

Sar 104 cant thank you enough. Found my Mavic not 10 feet from where you said it should be. By the way, your distance calculation was spot on, thanks again. I hate to tell you this but I don't think battery was installed properly as it fell out on impact. All else is good.

Landing gear on the front both legs cracked a little at the joint. All else good still flys

No matter which one you, should check battery during preflight.
True
I fly Mavic Pro and always hear that click sound when I install battery. My friend has mavic 2 pro and doesn’t have that secure click sound. He’s done some tests and found that it only latches on one side only if you are in a rush to fly. Best to make sure you press down with 2 thumbs and lift drone by the battery to see if it’s secure.

Reactions: BD0G and Gary Rowe
Sar 104 cant thank you enough. Found my Mavic not 10 feet from where you said it should be. By the way, your distance calculation was spot on, thanks again. I hate to tell you this but I don't think battery was installed properly as it fell out on impact. All else is good.

So the neighbors relented and let you in?

Reactions: Pietros
Strangely there is a "week signal" on the last recorded point... Could be a massive RF failure ?

Attachments

• Sans titre 1.jpg
    Sans titre 1.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 45
Strangely there is a "week signal" on the last recorded point... Could be a massive RF failure ?

The weak signal message is always displayed when the downlink is lost. In this case, almost certainly, that was because the battery was not fully latched and shifted enough that the aircraft lost power.

Reactions: Gary Rowe
Im starting to suspect the neighbor with the high fence who refused to let me look in his back yard, may be hiding something back there. who knows maybe something illegal to grow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J