DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone....

jameson079

Reactions
Hi

I lost my drone a couple weekends ago in a wind farm. Didn't realize how windy it was up there and the wind decided to take it for a walk.
I went out last weekend to try and find it but had no luck. I'm planning on heading out again this weekend and was wondering if anyone here would have any tips on where I should look.

Been looking through the forum and I believe you guys always ask for the flight data so here you go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss and hopefully it is found. Check the stick note at the top of this thread Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance on how to recover the flight logs and the posting of them. They will be requested

Reactions: sch and BigAl07
hi i hope to find your bird.
just go back with your phone and give another try to "find my drone".
as i can see the terrain is helping to recover it.
best wishes :)

The aircraft lost connection because you flew it out of LOS behind the low ridge. In the image below the green area shows line of sight to the aircraft's last recorded position.

grab156.jpg

After that it failed to return to home because the wind speed was over 15 m/s out of the west (~35 mph), and that's near the limit for the Mavic Pro. It likely made some slow progress towards the home point but ran out of battery before reaching it. That will have led to it autolanding somewhere on the red line below:

grab157.jpg

The aircraft lost connection because you flew it out of LOS behind the low ridge. In the image below the green area shows line of sight to the aircraft's last recorded position.

View attachment 108781

After that it failed to return to home because the wind speed was over 15 m/s out of the west (~35 mph), and that's near the limit for the Mavic Pro. It likely made some slow progress towards the home point but ran out of battery before reaching it. That will have led to it autolanding somewhere on the red line below:

View attachment 108782
I'll give that line a shot. THANKS!!

Reactions: sar104
I have finally developed the habit of checking wind direction and having being outbound flight be into the wind. Thus RTH has a tail wind. That does not always fit with my plan for getting particular shots, but if my outbound is headed down or cross wind, at least I know to be extra conservative on choosing when to return vis a vis battery level.

I have finally developed the habit of checking wind direction and having being outbound flight be into the wind. Thus RTH has a tail wind. That does not always fit with my plan for getting particular shots, but if my outbound is headed down or cross wind, at least I know to be extra conservative on choosing when to return vis a vis battery level.

As you guess in which direction the wind is going. If when the drone takes off, there is hardly any wind, we will only have some idea when it ascends and we look at the revolutions of the motors. Even nailing a stick with a piece of cloth would inform us, but it would be where we are, once ascended and moved horizontally, the wind may already have another direction.

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope you find it soon. Please let us know how you get on with the search and especially how you get on with searching along the rth line suggested by sar104.
Fingers crossed.

View attachment 108782
The data says landing battery was 55%?

View attachment 108781

View attachment 108782

Hi,
With which app do you have this render map?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98