DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost footage

d1photoss

Reactions
Hello,
I am currently having some issues with my DJI Air 2. I was filming a wedding and took around 20 clips. After dumping all the data to a hard drive I am going back and only have 1 file on my SD card and hard drive (which has not been used since that wedding). It is a weird file that has 4 different clips combined together. It looks like I still have cache files on my phone so I am trying to recover it from there but when I go into the app I only have other cache files not the ones I'm looking for. Is there anything else someone can recommend or any explanation for what is happening?
Thank you

There are a couple things to come to mind, first is put the SD card back into the Drone to see if it did not finish with the Processing, this has occurred a few times for me as well as others on the Forum.

If that does not work, there are a few services on the web where you can upload the file and they can get the video files that were not fully formatted properly on the card, it is hit or miss but I have seen some good results.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain, Land on the Water

Reactions: Capt KO
How did you transfer the imagery from the card to the hard drive?
Personally I would be inclined to put the card in a reader attached to a computer and run recovery software on the card but hang fire on that for the moment just incase anyone thinks it would be detrimental to other methods of recovery.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hello,
I am currently having some issues with my DJI Air 2. I was filming a wedding and took around 20 clips. After dumping all the data to a hard drive I am going back and only have 1 file on my SD card
Your Air 2 has 8 GB of internal storage.
Did you unknowingly record to the internal storage rather than the SD card?

Your Air 2 has 8 GB of internal storage.
Did you unknowingly record to the internal storage rather than the SD card?
DJI makes that almost impossible to do unknowingly. Unless one manually selects to use internal storage, before launching, when prompted to do so because of the absence of a microSD card, no recording will take place. There is also no rollover that occurs to the 8GB of internal storage when the microSD card fills up during flight. The recording location also cannot be changed while in flight. One must land first, in order to change it.

DJI makes that almost impossible to do unknowingly. Unless one manually selects to use internal storage, before launching, when prompted to do so because of the absence of a microSD card, no recording will take place. There is also no rollover that occurs to the 8GB of internal storage when the microSD card fills up during flight. The recording location also cannot be changed while in flight. One must land first, in order to change it.
If he's shot 20 video pieces and can only find one on the SD card, is there anywhere else could they be?

If he's shot 20 video pieces and can only find one on the SD card, is there anywhere else could they be?
Anything is possible, but for them to be on the internal 8GB, it would have to be very intentional and knowingly selected before launching, unless something has drastically changed. Certainly, no harm in looking there, though! Thumbswayup

Anything is possible, but for them to be on the internal 8GB, it would have to be very intentional and knowingly selected before launching, unless something has drastically changed. Certainly, no harm in looking there, though! Thumbswayup
looked at the internal storage but nothing at all!

looked at the internal storage but nothing at all!
As expected. You didn't manually select internal storage at launch, so the only place it can record is the microSD card, which was the previously selected storage. Sorry for your loss. I would stop using that microSD card, and replace it with a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom