DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost GPS and almost fly away with insta 360 on top

First time I flew a P4P in Atti mode I wondered what the hell was happening. For those who have never experienced it, the UAV has no ability to stay in one place so you are constantly fighting the wind. First thing is to try and hover in one place, then gradually move away. I would avoid even a moderate wind and stay away from obstacles until you know what you are doing. Some form of nav lights to help you check orientation helps, and you may have to use FPV so work out which way its heading sometimes as you cannot just stop and expect it to stay there.

Yes, seems like that is what happened. My inexperience with atti mode no doubt.

I tried flying yesterday after reducing the distance between the camera and the bottom of the aircraft. same thing...vibrates. I just don't think this is safe.

I'm tempted to put the camera back on top and just fly in atti mode. Not really comfortable with that either though but it's the lesser of two evils. anyone have an idea how to fly the Mavic Pro Platinum with a Insta 360 One X?

thank you

running gold tip quiet blades from DJI.

Yesterday I did some experimenting. I found that any time the OneX 360 camera is in proximity to the top side of the Mavic Pro Platimum *while the 360 is recording* will result in loss of GPS. First a bunch drop quiickly then a minute later the rest drop.

If the oneX 360 camera is below the aircraft there is no problem with GPS, however I can't fly it because of the massive vibration any time the oneX is hanging down below.

Did u try like i showed you on the battery that way its no where near gps leave enough space so you can see at least 1 batt lite. Dry run props make sure they dont hit. As far as vibration you will always get slight vibration unless you install dampener to absorb it.

Did u try like i showed you on the battery that way its no where near gps leave enough space so you can see at least 1 batt lite. Dry run props make sure they dont hit. As far as vibration you will always get slight vibration unless you install dampener to absorb it.

Yes, but it makes no difference with this camera. When it's recording it is just too noisy, sending out all kinds of RF interference. Anywhere in a 3' proximity to the top side of the aircraft and GPS is toast. Move it below the plane, under the aircraft, and it's all good.

Never used that model I used vivatar 360 so so pic no interference I wonder if it has wifi or bt u can shut it off camera side.

The one you use there was a vid the guy landed it in a tube so he didnt have to hand catch it( coffee can or pipe)

Gee its funny how Dylan Young on utube strangely came up to an answer to you problem? hmm

Gee its funny how Dylan Young on utube strangely came up to an answer to you problem? hmm

I don't know who that is or what you are implying. I appreciate all the responses to help me though.

I have more progress since my last post:

I purchased YI 360 VR Camera Dual-Lens 5.7K HI Resolution Panoramic Camera with Electronic Image Stabilization, 4K in-Camera Stitching from Amazon: Amazon.com : YI 360 VR Camera Dual-Lens 5.7K HI Resolution Panoramic Camera with Electronic Image Stabilization, 4K in-Camera Stitching : Camera & Photo

I noticed right away it's heavier than the oneX but it does seem to put out less interference. Less, not none. It does kill some GPS but it's doable. However, I still can't fly it because the aircraft vibrates way too much. Seems to be out of balance. Working it somewhat improves a little but not great. I think I need a lighter camera.

I also believe the issue of interference is coming from the CPU in the camera doing the live stitching. In both cases, it goes away when the camera is not actually recording. I suspect the answer may be the go pro fusion, which as I understand it, is really two cameras, each recording to a separate memory card and then stitched together in the PC after the fact. I'm hoping it's lighter. I'll report back progress soon as I have a go pro here.

thank you

Just put setting in gain i believe 100,100,80,100 it will eliminate the vibration

No such thing as a dumb question!

*just* watched that after posting above. Seems logical. Looks like I need to edit the gain in DJI Go, let it apply to the aircraft then I can use Litchi.

I'll advise how it goes. hopefully I come back with a 360 video over the lagoon.

thank you,

I notice something on mine it does have wifi which i never run. Maybe if you try just letting run w/o wifi and edit it afterwards. As for that comment I apologize your the only one I showed that to and everyone on utube is trying to make a buck no matter how!

I notice something on mine it does have wifi which i never run. Maybe if you try just letting run w/o wifi and edit it afterwards. As for that comment I apologize your the only one I showed that to and everyone on utube is trying to make a buck no matter how!
I tried again today, increased the gains slowly till the max. same thing. seems to adjust some but then after a few seconds the vibration sets in maybe slowly, increasing

continuing to tinker, maybe I'll try down below.

tx

Just watched your. Vid again do you have another set of blades. Looks like one of them is off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters