DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic 1 Pro

Global man

Reactions
Hi guys,
i just lost my drone in Canada and I am visiting from Europe. The remote got disconnected from the aircraft 594 m away from me and the battery still got 44%. Usually it switches automatically into RTH mode and comes back to the starting point, but it didn’t. I went to flight records and the last coordinates shown where those where the drone was when it lost the signal.
I went around looking for it for like half a day and didn’t find it. Hello please I am very upset.

Reactions: Eyeonyou
There are some guys on here that are good at finding lost drones once the flight records are posted for them . I guess you didn’t get your home point recorded before you took off

A tad more information would help. Right now the search area is 9,984,670 km².
LOL! of course, with only 44% battery remaining when lost connection, it would be safe to shorten that estimate to maximum distance with 44% battery in sport mode as a radius from its last known position. so give or take, a ten mile circle?

Reactions: DirtyWaschFPV
LOL! of course, with only 44% battery remaining when lost connection, it would be safe to shorten that estimate to maximum distance with 44% battery in sport mode as a radius from its last known position. so give or take, a ten mile circle?

Yes - except that the current information leaves an uncertainty in the LKP the size of Canada.

Hello, I am the Canadian host for Global Man while visiting in Canada. We will post the flight info log tonight. The drone was flying 51.3 km per hour at the time it lost connection at a height of 147.8m. The playback of the flight shows an error "Warnings: Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." Shortly after the drone lost contact. The playback also shows that although battery was at 44% flying time remaining was 4:56. He is just devastated about this loss.

Reactions: RJB
Sar104, either I'm gonna bring the beers over to Los Alamos, or you gotta get to Tropical Far North Queensland!!!
You are not allowed to wear white socks with thongs!! (you might call them flipflops?)

Reactions: Drone
Sar104, either I'm gonna bring the beers over to Los Alamos, or you gotta get to Tropical Far North Queensland!!!
You are not allowed to wear white socks with thongs!! (you might call them flipflops?)

You guys wear thongs? That's different. Must be the high temperatures.

I've never visited down under, but it's on my list. I'm still often accused of being Australian over here.

Hehe! Look me up mate if and when you come over! We live in Paradise here!
3.jpg
And when I say ThongS I mean these!!!
2.jpg
Not these!! (although they are quite common around these parts!!!!)
1.jpg

Here is the flight record .txt file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-09-25_[11-57-02].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Well it's pretty clear what happened I'm afraid. You flew it into the ground (well probably a stand of trees) on Blue Mountain Ski Resort, in sport mode and full forward elevator. It hit at around 16 m/s (35 mph) which was what caused the disconnect, not surprisingly. You should find the wreckage at or around 44.5015°N, 80.3212°W, as shown on the GE snapshot below.

2018-09-25_[11-57-02]_01.png

screenshot10 copy.jpg

Another instance of flying blind it seems. PLEASE Remember that the phone or tablet is NOT what controls the aircraft. When the app drops out, and say's "aircraft disconnected" the aircraft is still responding to the sticks.
(Unless the RC display shows a disconnect, Obviously not the case here)
If you choose to fly well beyond the distance that you can see your Mavic, this is the risk you take. A little study about what to do if the app quits would have probably saved this drone. Flying beyond your line of sight is risky if you DEPEND on the visual display from the app.

Another instance of flying blind it seems. PLEASE Remember that the phone or tablet is NOT what controls the aircraft. When the app drops out, and say's "aircraft disconnected" the aircraft is still responding to the sticks.
(Unless the RC display shows a disconnect, Obviously not the case here)
If you choose to fly well beyond the distance that you can see your Mavic, this is the risk you take. A little study about what to do if the app quits would have probably saved this drone. Flying beyond your line of sight is risky if you DEPEND on the visual display from the app.

The app didn't drop out until the aircraft crashed - the log would have ended sooner if that had happened. It was simply flown at full speed into the hillside.

I am glad you clarified “flip flops” because the first visual was totally ruining thongs for me. Socks and thongs are way worse then socks and sandals / flip flops!

Reactions: Rodkat and Simmo
The app didn't drop out until the aircraft crashed - the log would have ended sooner if that had happened. It was simply flown at full speed into the hillside.
Interesting! The OP stated the RC lost connection at 44% battery. I wondered how he could see the battery level when disconnected.

SAR104 thank you very much! Hoping we find the wreckage and that it isn't too wrecked. Amazing what you were able to see in the logs!

Well it's pretty clear what happened I'm afraid. You flew it into the ground (well probably a stand of trees) on Blue Mountain Ski Resort, in sport mode and full forward elevator. It hit at around 16 m/s (35 mph) which was what caused the disconnect, not surprisingly. You should find the wreckage at or around 44.5015°N, 80.3212°W, as shown on the GE snapshot below.

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957

Man.. That sucks.. It's a bummer man. The flight pattern looks super weird to me. Flying that fast and relying on your video feed is bad news because the latency between what you see on your phone and what is in front of your bird could be two very different things. Not trying to rub salt into the wound, just curious if the video feed got choppy but you tried to keep going?

Hey,
that makes perfect sense. I believe that the signal got lost on my phone and on the remote controller and then I had no contact anymore to the aircraft. I can't imagine that I can control it if its disconnected, you know? But we'll see tomorrow guys! Thank you for your fast help, i'll inform you tomorrow....

The app would say RC disconnected if it loses connection with the RC. In that case check USB connection. It will say AC disconnected with RC saying 'connecting' if RC lost AC signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou