DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic 2 Pro-upgrade because of Remote ID?

beeflyin

Reactions
Lost my Mavic 2 Pro. Have 4 batteries for it remaining, so seems like I should just replace the body, and find a deal on ebay. But only the Mavic 3 series currently have remote ID, so I don't want to have to replace again in 2023. Any helpful advice?

Why do you think you lost it due to RID 🤷‍♂️

Moving to another section so we can figure this one out.

Reactions: old man mavic
I didn't lose it due to remote ID. I just don't want to buy another Mavic 2 Pro if it won't be Remote ID compliant.
There will be a module you can buy for it to be compliant but if you don't want to go that way you could probably sell the batteries in the classifieds section. I might even be interested in them.

I didn't lose it due to remote ID. I just don't want to buy another Mavic 2 Pro if it won't be Remote ID compliant.
Not what the title of your thread said 🤷‍♂️
And if not mistaken the 3 isn’t the only one that already has RID.
At any rate down load you logs and let’s see what happened.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
You are also welcome to just post the txt file here.

Upload and view DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark flight logs online

@Meta4 and @slup are great at offering explanations from the data.

Not what the title of your thread said 🤷‍♂️
And if not mistaken the 3 isn’t the only one that already has RID.
At any rate down load you logs and let’s see what happened.
I downloaded the txt files for the day I was flying, but now I can't tell by the "Weird language" what the final flight was. PRetty sure I know what happened. The RTH wasn't set to remote controller, so it was flying to original RTH point. I realized it and tried to fly it back to me. Must have hit a tree or something because it autolanded and last known height was 44 feet. I tried to find it while it still had battery, no luck. So I can only guess it was up high.

How can I tell what the last txt flight was by the numbers at the top? THe DJI Go 4 app on my phone won't upload the last flight. I got it off my Smart COntroller. I will post if I can figure out the numbering system though.
Sorry my original message was unclear. Cold meds kicked in I suppose. Got sick after my day in the swamp hunting for the drone.

How can I tell what the last txt flight was...
All .txt flight logs are stored in the mobile device you flew with (in your case the SC) & records until AC-RC disconnect or motor stop.

Connect the SC to your computer, if you have a Mac I suspect you need to download & install this to see the files on your SC --> Android File Transfer ... if using Windows the SC will show up as an ordinary usb device in your PC file explorer.

Here is where the flight logs usually are stored in an Android device (which the SC is) ... DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord

The log naming convention is based on the date and time of the start of the flight: DJIFlightRecord_YYYY_MM_DD_[hr-min-sec].txt. Find the most recent one & copy it over to your computer. Then attach the .txt file in this thread in a new post with the button "Attach files".

There will be a module you can buy for it to be compliant but if you don't want to go that way you could probably sell the batteries in the classifieds section. I might even be interested in them.
I don't know how to check the number of cycles to sell the batteries though, since I don't have the drone now.

Cycles and age are important.
Many many Mavic 2 Pro batteries completely die afer only 20-30 cycles depending on when they were made.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661