DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for Mavic 2 Pro

RC Aviator

Reactions
Is the Mavic 2 Pro now working with the v01.00.0797 update? This is what was indicated on this site 2.5 months ago:

The firmware works. FAA documentation is still not compliant because of the Serial # snafu.
Here is a long thread for you to read.

Reactions: Cafguy
You need the latest aircraft update 01.00.0797 and also the latest GO4 app version 4.3.60 downloaded directly from the DJI website. You will then have a Remote ID SN that you go and add to your drone at the FAA drone zone website. If you have trouble adding the RID number, you can always delete the aircraft and add it again as new one. I messed up one number on mine and couldn't edit it, so I just deleted the aircraft and added it again with the correct RID serial number and all was good.
By the way, if you use Litchi, you also need to download the latest version from the Appstore (or wherever you purchased it through) and install that as well or you'll keep getting an error when trying to use it.

Since FAA renewal requires including the RID serial number and our M2P isn't compliant, are we out of luck on renewing our FAA registration?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. You can still register (or renew) them as long as you put the RID Ser # from your drones.
Even though the 'official' documentation still has to be updated (with the range of serial numbers), the FAA will accept your RID.

Not at all. You can still register (or renew) them as long as you put the RID Ser # from your drones.
Even though the 'official' documentation still has to be updated (with the range of serial numbers), the FAA will accept your RID.
Is the RID SN different from the M2P SN?
I ask, because I tried leaving the M2P SN in the field and it rejected.

The RID Ser # starts is the concatenation of 1581F + your M2Pro SN + 0 (zero, not letter O)
A total of 20 characters which can be found using the GO 4 app, and looking in the settings.
Look at the link that @Vic Moss provided in post #4.
Looks like this. I obviously blocked out some of the info from mine.
Editted.jpg

Thanks!
That worked just fine. Legit for another few years.

Reactions: Sam36401
Some of you will have seen my little post re trying to get RID recognition for my MA2 in readiness for our annual trip to Florida in April. It has been a bit of a nightmare and I still hve not successfully re-Registerd my craft with the FAA. I have used all the correct pre and suf fixes but the FAA site won’t accept them so our Forum friend Vic Moss has suggested I leave it until RID is fully in place next month to see if DJi have satisfied the FAA that all is well. 🤞Any further updates on this that I have missed would be grateful for pointers.

What @Sam36401 said.

A little more in depth info can be found here: DJI RID DOC issues… - Drone Service Providers Alliance

My last phone call with the guy at DJI who does this is that they are working on this, and it should be fixed in plenty of time for the 3/16 deadline.
Of course, I'm happy for the good news too, but my experience with sellers tells me that this deadline could be doubled or more. They often say the kind of words that customers want to hear.

Of course, I'm happy for the good news too, but my experience with sellers tells me that this deadline could be doubled or more. They often say the kind of words that customers want to hear.
The person I talked to in the DJI employee that actually deals with all FAA paperwork, not the sellers. We had a meeting between myself another drone industry leader, and two DJI U.S. management folks.

I have no reason to doubt what they said.

I will reach out today though and see if there are any updates.

The FAA UAS Declaration of Compliance has been updated!
It now lists the full range of Serial Numbers for the Mavic 2 Pro and several others that were in question.

I just got off the phone with a guy that works at FAA Drone Zone. I told him I still can't get my DJI Mavic 2 Pro registered at the FAA Drone Zone site. I let him know all firmware updates are completed and successful.

He stated the problem is with DJI. They didn't submit the proper paperwork for the MAVIC 2 PRO! They only submitted TWO serial numbers that are compliant and only those two can be registered. Perhaps they thought they were giving a range of serial numbers that were now compliant. Unless you have one of those two serial numbers you can't get registered at FAA site (Drone Zone) if you are checking the RID compliant box.

I have no idea if DJI is working on this. No problem with some of the other DJI models.

FAA Drone Zone phone number is 844-359-6982. Not sure but I think they only answer the phone on Friday's. Not positive.

The updated information for the M 2 Pro is on the FAA website with the whole range of serial numbers.
Here is a screenshot.
1709305743666.png

The updated information for the M 2 Pro is on the FAA website with the whole range of serial numbers.
Here is a screenshot.
View attachment 173069
Thank you for response! I tried again to register at Drone Zone and still no luck. I put in 1581F163CGBD********. Exactly 20 characters as needed but no luck. Are letters case sensitive? I put in capitals. Do you know what I should put in for UAS Model? I put in Mavic 2 Pro.

I think what the guy at Drone Zone might have been saying is that DJI "THOUGHT" they were giving a whole range of serial numbers when in fact they were only giving TWO serial numbers. He stated their paperwork is not correct or sufficient. Thanks again!

Letters should be CAPS, like you did. Mavic 2 Pro is fine to enter for the model.
Did you make sure to put a 'zero' at the end, not the letter O?
That has messed up quite a few people.
1581F + your SN + '0' giving the 20 character total.

Letters should be CAPS, like you did. Mavic 2 Pro is fine to enter for the model.
Did you make sure to put a 'zero' at the end, not the letter O?
That has messed up quite a few people.
1581F + your SN + '0' giving the 20 character total.
After literally months of trying I'm registered!! I didn't think it would ever happen. Lol

Here was the problem. At the 15th character I had been entering the letter O and I should have been entering the number zero. I finally tried the number zero and immediately the invalid serial number notice disappeared! I was shocked when this happened as the zero actually sits in between two letters. Thanks everyone for the help!!!

And the guy at Drone Zone was NOT correct in what he told me earlier today. He was friendly and trying hard but what he told me was not correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne