DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro is NOT RID compliant - as of12-5-23

RedBaron2

Reactions
Contrary to what you have read recently, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not compliant with FAA's RID regulations.

Here is a response that I just received from the FAA this morning.
"While DJI may have pushed a remote ID firmware update to its customers, DJI has not submitted a remote ID declaration of compliance to the FAA as required by 14 CFR Part 89 (the remote ID rule). Once they do so, FAADronZone will accept the remote ID serial number."

This means that "WE" are not yet compliant with FAA's RID regulations.

Reactions: aneal321
That's correct. Your drone cannot be compliant until it appears on this list. And then you of course need to install the needed drone firmware, register your drone with the FAA, etc.

I'm not looking to start a back & forth on this topic, but I have added my Phontom 4 RTK, Mavic Enterprise Advance and both my Mavic 2 Pro's to Dronzone RID and was accepted. That covers the last 3 months. even though non of those drones are on the current DOC list. I do believe the FAA is behind on updating the current list and may not put out a new one until 2024 (I say March time frame), but they are accepting the RID information on the Dronzone site.

I have added my Phontom 4 RTK, Mavic Enterprise Advance and both my Mavic 2 Pro's to Dronzone RID and was accepted
Yep, that's one part of the process to ensure you're compliant.

And another (unrelated) piece is for the FAA to deem a specific drone model RID compliant. That can only be done after a drone manufacturer submits the necessary paperwork and the FAA approves it.

Yep, that's one part of the process to ensure you're compliant.

And another (unrelated) piece is for the FAA to deem a specific drone model RID compliant. That can only be done after a drone manufacturer submits the necessary paperwork and the FAA approves it.
I understand that part, but the OP is stating that dronezone will not accept the RID until it is on the DOC list.

the OP is stating that dronezone will not accept the RID until it is on the DOC list
Right. And from the videos on your YouTube channel, I recall you saying you weren't entering the aircraft serial number as-is, but adding a prefix and suffix to the serial number to force it to save. Perhaps the OP is trying to enter just the serial number?

As long as I have my remote ID serial number entered in my FAA drone zone registration, and my Mavic 2 Zoom is transmitting the RID signal, I am compliant as far as I'm concerned. What DJI submits is between them and the FCC.

That's correct. Your drone cannot be compliant until it appears on this list. And then you of course need to install the needed drone firmware, register your drone with the FAA, etc.
This is the second time in 3 days that I’ve looked at “this list” and not seen the A2 or the FPV.
I’ve updated both of mine and there were posts from others saying they were able to update theirs too. I’m probly gonna get flak about this but, IMO, what’s been the point for us to hurry up and comply, when there seems to be no same sense of urgency on the other end ?

As long as I have my remote ID serial number entered in my FAA drone zone registration, and my Mavic 2 Zoom is transmitting the RID signal, I am compliant as far as I'm concerned. What DJI submits is between them and the FCC.
"FAA"

This is the exact reason why we have "deferred enforcement" until 3/16/24.

The FAA is behind on granting and publishing RID DOCs. Stay tuned...

At this point, if your drone has been updated by the manufacturer to be RID "compliant", you must update your drone to be legal. When it becomes actually compliant is when it's DOC is published.

I heard from one of my FAA contacts today.

"Good news: There are 9 accepted DJI models added to the UASDOC today.

Bad news: DJI only submitted (2) serial numbers for each model. Yes, 2, TOTAL. There is no amendment mechanism built into the UASDOC portal, but DJI knows they need to provide the full range of serial numbers for each model.

So, I am telling everyone to contact DJI and directly ask them when they will be providing RID serial numbers to the FAA for their particular models."

So if you have a contact at DJI, write to them.

Also, I just checked, and those 9 DJI models are not on the list yet. Stay tuned...

Reactions: Tufargon
If you actually look at the two serial numbers, it's obvious that what were intended to be bookends for a range of serial numbers were instead entered as two unique serial numbers. Other approved models do display a serial number range. I doubt either of the two numbers listed even exists.

I just refreshed the RID DOC page. They are there now.

The 9 added today are the FlyCart 30, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, FPV, Mavic Air 2 (2 of them for some reason), Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, & Phantom 4 RTK.

But if you look at the s/n for each of those, there are only 2.

Stay tuned...
Yes, two Mavic Air 2 models are now listed on the RID DOC page: Mavic Air 2 (MA2UE1N) and Mavic Air 2 (MA2UE3W). Does anyone know how they differ, and how I can tell which ones I have?

As for the listing of only two serial numbers for each one, I'd assumed that they defined the beginning and the end of the range of valid MA2 serial numbers. Before updating my registrations, though, I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if the FAA or DJI offer a clarification of that.

Yes, two Mavic Air 2 models are now listed on the RID DOC page: Mavic Air 2 (MA2UE1N) and Mavic Air 2 (MA2UE3W). Does anyone know how they differ, and how I can tell which ones I have?

Also I agree the sn# range appears to be an error from DJI not understanding they needed to hit the "range" button if they didn't intend to list all the applicable serial numbers. Until then, the DoC is only valid for the 2 serial numbers listed. Seems like the new guy at DJI didn't understand it and made the same mistake in all the recent DoC submissions. ;)

Last edited:

Also I agree the sn# range appears to be an error from DJI not understanding they needed to hit the "range" button if they didn't intend to list all the applicable serial numbers. Until then, the DoC is only valid for the 2 serial numbers listed. Seems like the new guy at DJI didn't understand it and made the same mistake in all the recent DoC submissions. ;)
Thanks very much to the link to a prior discussion. Your search skills are far better than mine!! :)

And thanks for the clarification about the MA2 Serial Numbers that are in compliance. I'll hang back for a few weeks and let DJI get this straightened out with FAA. This subject came up on a recent FAAST webinar. The presenter remarked that one benefit of the FAA delaying some RID compliance until March 2024 is that we'll have time to get stuff like this settled.

Contrary to what you have read recently, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not compliant with FAA's RID regulations.

Here is a response that I just received from the FAA this morning.
"While DJI may have pushed a remote ID firmware update to its customers, DJI has not submitted a remote ID declaration of compliance to the FAA as required by 14 CFR Part 89 (the remote ID rule). Once they do so, FAADronZone will accept the remote ID serial number."

This means that "WE" are not yet compliant with FAA's RID regulations.
Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion; but, a November firmware update certainly made the Mavic2 Pro compliant. I updated mine and the Go Fly app, as well, and the RID transmission was detected on my app. (the all detection apps are not very good, which in my opinion is a good thing.)

Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion; but, a November firmware update certainly made the Mavic2 Pro compliant. I updated mine and the Go Fly app, as well, and the RID transmission was detected on my app.
The fact that your drone is able to transmit RID data does not make it compliant. The specific drone model (or external RID broadcast module) also needs to be approved by the FAA and listed here.

Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion; but, a November firmware update certainly made the Mavic2 Pro compliant. I updated mine and the Go Fly app, as well, and the RID transmission was detected on my app. (the all detection apps are not very good, which in my opinion is a good thing.)

Attachments

• Mavic 2 Pro RID000000757.pdf
    80.8 KB · Views: 27
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne