DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro is NOT RID compliant - as of12-5-23

@mavicbopper right -- and then this is one of those cases where the serial numbers have not been documented properly. I think it's safe to assume your drone serial number doesn't match either of these:

1702754452983.png

Furthermore, the quote you commented on above was posted before this incorrect documentation was even available on the FAA's site.

Reactions: msinger
@Vic Moss -

I assume those of us using Dronetag’s only are and will be compliant as is? I wasn’t planning on doing any updates for now if the tags are still accepted…

Reactions: Vic Moss
@Vic Moss -

I assume those of us using Dronetag’s only are and will be compliant as is? I wasn’t planning on doing any updates for now if the tags are still accepted…
Dronetags are listed on the FAA's RID DOC. So yes, you just use the serial number on the module as your drone serial number when you change it in the Drone Zone. If all you do is put the module on the drone and not change the serial number on the registration, you're not compliant.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 6.55.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 6.55.23 AM.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 6
Contrary to what you have read recently, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not compliant with FAA's RID regulations.

Here is a response that I just received from the FAA this morning.
"While DJI may have pushed a remote ID firmware update to its customers, DJI has not submitted a remote ID declaration of compliance to the FAA as required by 14 CFR Part 89 (the remote ID rule). Once they do so, FAADronZone will accept the remote ID serial number."

This means that "WE" are not yet compliant with FAA's RID regulations.

wouldn’t this explain why I can’t get FCC authorization using aloft app?

wouldn’t this explain why I can’t get FCC authorization using aloft app?
I assume you mean FAA, but no anyway, that has nothing to do with LAANC authorizations.

There is another reason.

What error are you getting?

I assume you mean FAA, but no anyway, that has nothing to do with LAANC authorizations.

There is another reason.

What error are you getting?
Yes, FAA, I am a Ham operator also... I used to get text message approval from the FAA before the update now nothing. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the prompt response.

Last edited:
Yes, FAA, I am a Ham operator also... I used to get text message approval from the FAA before the update now nothing. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the prompt response.
Are you using "Aloft", or "Air Control"? Aloft is no longer. If that's the App you're using, then you need to update to Air Control. Also, double check your email address & phone number. I use Air Control and I get both an email confirmation and a text confirmation. You're supposed to get at least one of those.

But having your drone RID compliant isn't part of the LAANC approval process.

Are you using "Aloft", or "Air Control"? Aloft is no longer. If that's the App you're using, then you need to update to Air Control. Also, double check your email address & phone number. I use Air Control and I get both an email confirmation and a text confirmation. You're supposed to get at least one of those.

But having your drone RID compliant isn't part of the LAANC approval process.
Thank you for responding. I am using Air Control. Everything is working fine now with the exception that drone zone won’t accept my serial number.

Thank you for responding. I am using Air Control. Everything is working fine now with the exception that drone zone won’t accept my serial number.
Aer you putting "1581F" in front of your flight controller serial numbers, then and additional "0" at the end of it? If you are and that's not working, just wait for the fix. As mentioned, we have until 3/16/24 to be compliant.

Updates to Drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro) and Smart Controller complete and successful. But no luck registering at FAA Drone Zone. Continuing to get "Invalid Serial Number" when trying to register. Putting in 158F ......... and ending with O. No spaces. Any suggestions or advice appreciated?

Updates to Drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro) and Smart Controller complete and successful. But no luck registering at FAA Drone Zone. Continuing to get "Invalid Serial Number" when trying to register. Putting in 158F ......... and ending with O. No spaces. Any suggestions or advice appreciated?
My only suggestion is you wait until DJI and the FAA have the serial number issue fixed. Not necessary for you in this instance until 3/16/24

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne