DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Air

IanChap

Reactions
Not sure what happened, but maybe someone can help? -

I was low on power, but felt confident I could return home. Unfortunately Litchi decided to make a landing, in some woods, and would not let me abort. As I thought she was heading home, and went into Sport mode and pushed forward, but seems maybe I was going further away? But seems to have hovered for around eight minutes before landing in trees.

Had abount 90 minutes of frantic looking before the battery died and it got dark, and got to the last known GPS location, but couldn't get a signal so guess I was too late. Thinking it was heading home (which it wasn't), I went looking on a homewards direction.

Any suggestions? I think it's pretty certain to be where the route ended? But not sure why this occured exactly, which is worrying. Is it all my error??

Attachments

• Aug-16th-2018-07-38PM-Notifications-Airdata.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This one? Extension changed from CSV.

Attachments

• 2018-08-16_19-38-49_Standard.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I can only find CSV files on my Android device, in /sdcard/LitchiApp/flightlogs.

Can't see any txt?

This is a Litchi flight, there is no TXT file. I'm not sure why some still insist on getting the txt file (on DJI GO flights) all the data is already on Airdata... the flight player makes it very easy to see what happened at the end...

Anyhow, your drone is likely here, stuck on a tree perhaps?
Google Maps

I hope you find it!

Reactions: IanChap
This is a Litchi flight, there is no TXT file. I'm not sure why some still insist on getting the txt file (on DJI GO flights) all the data is already on Airdata... the flight player makes it very easy to see what happened at the end...

Google Maps

I hope you find it!

Because the txt file contains far more data than are available on AirData, either through the web interface or the downloadable csv file, and the flight player, while very cute, is useless for any serious diagnostics.

I can only find CSV files on my Android device, in /sdcard/LitchiApp/flightlogs.

Can't see any txt?

OK right - I did not realize it was a Litchi flight. That csv file is all there is in that case. I'll take a look.

Reactions: IanChap
Because the txt file contains far more data

I disagree. Do you have an example of what specific data in the TXT file would have been helpful here, which is not already in the CSV from Airdata? Sure, there's more 'bits' in the converted file you are referring to, but 99% of it is either incorrect (true where it's false, false where it's true), duplicate or erroneous.

If anything, you get more help in Airdata finding lost drones - I get wind data and signal strength, which in my opinion are far more useful. I can see high energy use on a map... Heck, sometimes I even get a pic from a flight that shows a crash mid-way... some of my pics have coordinates and POV angles on them so you get a really good understanding of what happened. All this stuff is not in the converted TXT file. Anyhow, my 2 cents, enough rambling.

I disagree. Do you have an example of what specific data in the TXT file would have been helpful here, which is not already in the CSV from Airdata? Sure, there's more 'bits' in the converted file you are referring to, but 99% of it is either incorrect (true where it's false, false where it's true), duplicate or erroneous.

If anything, you get more help in Airdata finding lost drones - I get wind data and signal strength, which in my opinion are far more useful. I can see high energy use on a map... Heck, sometimes I even get a pic from a flight that shows a crash mid-way... some of my pics have coordinates and POV angles on them so you get a really good understanding of what happened. All this stuff is not in the converted TXT file. Anyhow, my 2 cents, enough rambling.

Look at the bulk of the threads on this forum and PP where log files are analyzed, and you will find that in almost every case it involves data from the txt file that is not available from AirData. Only in the simplest cases, where the cause of the event is obvious, is that not the case. Key data missing from the AirData csv files include resolved IMU velocities, the smart battery calculated trigger levels, current, the "GPS health" level, all the error flags (especially nonGPScause), the DAT file index etc.. You may not find them useful, and from your comments it sounds like you don't actually know how to interpret the fields, but I use them frequently.

Even more useful is the mobile device DAT file, which includes some of the magnetometer and motor data that is absent from the txt files.

I'm not saying that I don't use AirData - I especially find the wind calculations from AirData useful, but most users uploading to AirData don't have a paid account that shows the full wind calculations, so I need the txt file to upload myself in order to see those.

Reactions: BudWalker and rfc
Look at the bulk of the threads on this forum and PP where log files are analyzed, and you will find that in almost every case it involves data from the txt file that is not available from AirData. Only in the simplest cases, where the cause of the event is obvious, is that not the case. Key data missing from the AirData csv files include resolved IMU velocities, the smart battery calculated trigger levels, current, the "GPS health" level, all the error flags (especially nonGPScause), the DAT file index etc.. You may not find them useful, and from your comments it sounds like you don't actually know how to interpret the fields, but I use them frequently.

Even more useful is the mobile device DAT file, which includes some of the magnetometer and motor data that is absent from the txt files.

I'm not saying that I don't use AirData - I especially find the wind calculations from AirData useful, but most users uploading to AirData don't have a paid account that shows the full wind calculations, so I need the txt file to upload myself in order to see those.

I believe the fields you mentioned are mostly DAT file fields, not TXT... (IMU veloc, GPS H, file index...) anyhow, I agree the DAT file has a lot more (if avail...). And yes, I wish AirData would allow free accounts to download the TXT file.

I believe the fields you mentioned are mostly DAT file fields, not TXT... (IMU veloc, GPS H, file index...) anyhow, I agree the DAT file has a lot more (if avail...). And yes, I wish AirData would allow free accounts to download the TXT file.

No - all the fields that I quoted are txt log file data fields.

And the mobile device DAT file is always available. If you follow these threads you will notice that I often request it.

No - all the fields that I quoted are txt log file data fields.
Care to clarify then the specific field names of those then? IMU veloc, GPS Health, DAT file index? And what converter are you using?

Care to clarify then the specific field names of those then? IMU veloc, GPS Health, DAT file index? And what converter are you using?

You are starting to try my patience. See below in bold red. Which converter do you think I'm using? I suggest you do a little research into this subject before trying to teach about it.

EDIT: And I have no idea why a number of the fields below are formatted strikethrough. Not intentional and I can't find a way to fix it.

CUSTOM.updateTime
CUSTOM.isPhoto
CUSTOM.isVideo
CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s]
CUSTOM.distance [m]
CUSTOM.travelled [m]
CUSTOM.hSpeed.running_max [m/s]
CALC.hSpeed [m/s]
CALC.distance [m]
CALC.travelled [m]
CALC.distance.running_max [m]
CALC.height.running_max [m]
OSD.latitude
OSD.longitude
OSD.height [m]
OSD.altitude [m]
OSD.xSpeed [m/s]
OSD.ySpeed [m/s]
OSD.zSpeed [m/s]

OSD.pitch
OSD.roll
OSD.yaw
OSD.flycState
OSD.flycState.RAW
OSD.flycCommand
OSD.flycCommand.RAW
OSD.canIOCWork
OSD.groundOrSky
OSD.isMotorUp
OSD.isSwaveWork
OSD.goHomeStatus
OSD.goHomeStatus.RAW
OSD.isImuPreheated
OSD.isVisionUsed
OSD.voltageWarning
OSD.modeChannel
OSD.isGPSused
OSD.compassError
OSD.waveError
OSD.gpsLevel
OSD.batteryType
OSD.isAcceletorOverRange
OSD.isVibrating
OSD.isBarometerDeadInAir
OSD.isMotorBlocked
OSD.isNotEnoughForce
OSD.isPropellerCatapult
OSD.isGoHomeHeightModified
OSD.isOutOfLimit
OSD.gpsNum
OSD.flightAction
OSD.flightAction.RAW
OSD.motorStartFailedCause
OSD.motorStartFailedCause.RAW
OSD.nonGPSCause
OSD.nonGPSCause.RAW
OSD.isQuickSpin
OSD.battery
OSD.sWaveHeight [m]
OSD.flyTime
OSD.motorRevolution
OSD.flycVersion
OSD.droneType
OSD.imuInitFailReason
OSD.imuInitFailReason.RAW
OSD.motorFailReason
OSD.motorFailReason.RAW
OSD.ctrlDevice
OSD.ctrlDevice.RAW
GIMBAL.pitch
GIMBAL.roll
GIMBAL.yaw
GIMBAL.mode
GIMBAL.mode.RAW
GIMBAL.rollAdjust
GIMBAL.pitchAdjust
GIMBAL.yawAngle
GIMBAL.isAutoCalibration
GIMBAL.autoCalibrationResult
GIMBAL.isPitchInLimit
GIMBAL.isRollInLimit
GIMBAL.isYawInLimit
GIMBAL.isTopPosition
GIMBAL.isStuck
GIMBAL.version
GIMBAL.isSingleClick
GIMBAL.isDoubleClick
GIMBAL.isTripleClick
GIMBAL.timeStamp
RC.aileron
RC.elevator
RC.throttle
RC.rudder
RC.gimbal
RC.goHome
RC.mode
RC.isWheelChanged
RC.wheelOffset
RC.wheelClick
RC.record
RC.shutter
RC.playback
RC.custom1
RC.custom2
RC.bandwidth
CENTER_BATTERY.relativeCapacity
CENTER_BATTERY.currentPV [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.currentCapacity [mAh]
CENTER_BATTERY.fullCapacity [mAh]
CENTER_BATTERY.life
CENTER_BATTERY.loopNum
CENTER_BATTERY.errorType
CENTER_BATTERY.current [A]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell1 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell2 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell3 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell4 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell5 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell6 [V]
CENTER_BATTERY.serialNo
CENTER_BATTERY.productDate
CENTER_BATTERY.temperature [C]
CENTER_BATTERY.connStatus
CENTER_BATTERY.totalStudyCycle
CENTER_BATTERY.lastStudyCycle
CENTER_BATTERY.isNeedStudy
CENTER_BATTERY.isBatteryOnCharge
SMART_BATTERY.usefulTime
SMART_BATTERY.goHomeTime
SMART_BATTERY.landTime
SMART_BATTERY.goHomeBattery
SMART_BATTERY.landBattery
SMART_BATTERY.safeFlyRadius
SMART_BATTERY.volumeConsume
SMART_BATTERY.status
SMART_BATTERY.status.RAW
SMART_BATTERY.goHomeStatus
SMART_BATTERY.goHomeStatus.RAW
SMART_BATTERY.goHomeCountdown
SMART_BATTERY.voltage [V]
SMART_BATTERY.battery
SMART_BATTERY.lowWarning
SMART_BATTERY.lowWarningGoHome
SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarning
SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarningLanding
SMART_BATTERY.voltagePercent
DEFORM.isDeformProtected
DEFORM.isExceptionState
DEFORM.deformStatus
DEFORM.deformStatus.RAW
DEFORM.deformMode
DEFORM.deformMode.RAW
RC_GPS.startupTime
RC_GPS.latitude
RC_GPS.longitude
RC_GPS.xSpeed [m/s]
RC_GPS.ySpeed [m/s]
RC_GPS.gpsNum
RC_GPS.accuracy
RC_GPS.gpsStatus
CAMERA_INFO.connectState
CAMERA_INFO.usbState
CAMERA_INFO.timeSyncState
CAMERA_INFO.photoState
CAMERA_INFO.recordState
CAMERA_INFO.sensorState
CAMERA_INFO.sdCardInsertState
CAMERA_INFO.sdCardState
CAMERA_INFO.firmUpgradeState
CAMERA_INFO.firmErrorType
CAMERA_INFO.hotState
CAMERA_INFO.enabledPhoto
CAMERA_INFO.isStoring
CAMERA_INFO.isTimePhotoing
CAMERA_INFO.encryptStatus
CAMERA_INFO.mode
CAMERA_INFO.sdCardTotalSize
CAMERA_INFO.sdCardFreeSize
CAMERA_INFO.remainedShots
CAMERA_INFO.remainedTime
CAMERA_INFO.videoRecordTime
CAMERA_INFO.cameraType
CAMERA_INFO.version
MC_PARAM.failSafeAction
MC_PARAM.OAenabled
MC_PARAM.VPSenabled
MC_PARAM.rthOAenabled
HOME.latitude
HOME.longitude
HOME.height [m]
HOME.isHomeRecord
HOME.goHomeMode
HOME.aircraftHeadDirection
HOME.isDynamicHomePointEnabled
HOME.isReachedLimitDistance
HOME.isReachedLimitHeight
HOME.isMultipleModeOpen
HOME.goHomeStatus
HOME.hasGoHome
HOME.compassCeleStatus
HOME.isCompassCeleing
HOME.isBeginnerMode
HOME.isIOCEnabled
HOME.iocMode
HOME.goHomeHeight [m]
HOME.courseLockAngle
HOME.dataRecorderStatus
HOME.dataRecorderRemainCapacity
HOME.dataRecorderRemainTime
HOME.dataRecorderFileIndex
HOME.isFlycInSimulationMode
HOME.isFlycInNavigationMode
HOME.isWingBroken
HOME.isBigGale
HOME.isBigGaleWarning
HOME.isCompassInstallErr
HOME.isFanCurrentInAbnormalState
HOME.paddleState
HOME.heightLimitStatus
HOME.useAbsoluteHeight
HOME.motor1EscmState
HOME.motor2EscmState
HOME.motor3EscmState
HOME.motor4EscmState
HOME.motor5EscmState
HOME.motor6EscmState
HOME.motor7EscmState
HOME.motor8EscmState
HOME.forceLandingHeight [m]
RECOVER.droneType
RECOVER.appType
RECOVER.appVersion
RECOVER.aircraftSnBytes
RECOVER.aircraftName
RECOVER.activeTimestamp
RECOVER.cameraSn
RECOVER.rcSn
RECOVER.batterySn
RECOVER.gimbalType
FIRMWARE.version
DETAILS.street
DETAILS.citypart
DETAILS.city
DETAILS.area
DETAILS.isFavorite
DETAILS.isNew
DETAILS.needUpload
DETAILS.recordLineCount
DETAILS.timestamp
DETAILS.latitude
DETAILS.longitude
DETAILS.totalDistance [m]
DETAILS.totalTime
DETAILS.maxHeight [m]
DETAILS.maxHorizontalSpeed [m/s]
DETAILS.maxVerticalSpeed [m/s]
DETAILS.photoNum
DETAILS.videoTime
DETAILS.takeOffAltitude [m]
DETAILS.droneType
DETAILS.activeTimestamp
DETAILS.aircraftName
DETAILS.aircraftSnBytes
DETAILS.cameraSn
DETAILS.rcSn
DETAILS.batterySn
DETAILS.appType
DETAILS.appVersion
APP_GPS.latitude
APP_GPS.longitude
APP_GPS.accuracy
APP_TIP.tip
APP_WARN.warn
APP_SER_WARN.warn

Last edited:

Google Maps

I hope you find it!
Thanks, that's what I concluded after looking at Airdata, as it seems it was hovering there for around eight minutes. Will take a look later when I get a chance.

What I don't understand, is how I (or Airdata) have a log file transmitted to my device when I appeared to have no control over the device. I would have thought I either had a connection or I didn't? As far as I can see, it was hovering for 8 minutes before a forced landing, during which time it could have easily returned home. And surely it should have RTH'd automatically anyway?

And generally, how do we find a flyaway, as surely the log file will only be as up to date as when signal was lost? Extrapolating I guess?

And generally, how do we find a flyaway, as surely the log file will only be as up to date as when signal was lost? Extrapolating I guess?
Can't speak to the question of when the log file stops getting written, but your suggestion that extrapolation might be used is correct. There are many threads here describing the sleuthing sar104, BudWalker and others have done using the last minutes/seconds of data to predict the ultimate resting place of crashed Mavics. Their work is a joy to observe and probably deserving of a job at the NTSB! Good luck finding your bird.

OK right - I did not realize it was a Litchi flight. That csv file is all there is in that case. I'll take a look.

OK - so this is still not the original Litchi csv file - it's the csv file that you downloaded from AirData after uploading the original Litchi csv. I need the original.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98