DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Mini In River !!!!! Need your suggestions

Thanks for reply, i don't have a mm, but my Spark used to give me the chance to cancel a wlan change, now the choice is gone, even without updating the app, just syncing, so maybe big brother...

I have

I have seen several posts warning pilots not to sync their go4 app with dji.
I noticed that syncing is used by dji to change the app, without your knowledge, specifically mine was changed to prevent me using my Spark with a false gps, even though i never updated the app from 4.16.
Please can you advise why you advise NOT to sync "till later" . I think this is more significant than we realise.
"Please can you advise why you advise NOT to sync "till later"

.DAT Files Being Deleted.

Rod

The drone did not behave well in maintaining the altitude right from the beginning. As can be seen from the graph below, there has been multiple occurrences of height drop with no throttle input, sometimes by as much as 4 meters. The last one occurred at low altitude so the drone joined the ducks in the water.

I am not sure why the drone behaved like that. It was flying over water which means the infrared altitude sensor at the belly may not be working well, the GPS signal was weak to none. May be some kind of bugs in the firmware made the altitude control messed up under such conditions ? There has been a report here about the new firmware version ( 400 ) having such problem. The poster claimed that the problem disappeared after downgrading the firmware to 300.

View attachment 95158

If you can posts the .DAT log file, may be experts here can shed more light onto the incident. Follow this thread to get the .DAT file from the phone : Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

Hi,

thank to all you for your valubale comments,
I checked in my andorid directory but couldn't locate .dat file in flightRecord>> MCDatflightrecorder.
Complete folder is empty.

Also wired thing is i upload my case around 8:30PM to DJI website & around 8:45pm complete folder was shown last edited.

Can DJI removed those file from my device ??? ( may be i am just overthinking)

Attached TEXT file of DJIFlight Record of same flight.

there is "SdrLog-2020-02-23-16-19-10-1.log" which i am not able to upload, if its useful please let me know.

Main query is whether it is my mistake or any malfunction.
Screenshot_20200229-104649_My Files.jpg

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-23_[16-19-25].txt
    597.8 KB · Views: 5
Update-

------------

DJI JAPAN
(DJI Support)
3月2日 CST19:38
Dear Sanjeev,

Good day!

The result of data analysis has come out. Please check the result.
According to your flight data,we confirmed the following flight condition.

1.The aircraft worked under GPS mode;
2.Flight Time T=05:42,H=-9.3m,D=20m,the aircraft crashed due to propulsion error.

Conclusion:Not pilot error,warranty.

Because it was caused by the product quality, DJI will bear the cost for you.
According to your serical number, we found your drone is Japanese vision. Due to DJI's non-global warranty policy, you can enjoy the warranty only at DJI Japan repair center.

------------

Thank you guys for your support.

Update-

------------

DJI JAPAN
(DJI Support)
3月2日 CST19:38
Dear Sanjeev,

Good day!

The result of data analysis has come out. Please check the result.
According to your flight data,we confirmed the following flight condition.

1.The aircraft worked under GPS mode;
2.Flight Time T=05:42,H=-9.3m,D=20m,the aircraft crashed due to propulsion error.

Conclusion:Not pilot error,warranty.

Because it was caused by the product quality, DJI will bear the cost for you.
According to your serical number, we found your drone is Japanese vision. Due to DJI's non-global warranty policy, you can enjoy the warranty only at DJI Japan repair center.

------------

Thank you guys for your support.

Great news Thumbswayup :D ... & this again shows that DJI happily give you a new Mini once it's lost, but if it's still intact their advice usually are "Calibrate it".
They definitely knows all about the uncommanded descent design flaw ...

Glad you got that sorted Lone_Warrior. @slup, what do you make of this?
Think we all that have investigated these "uncommanded descents" have said similar but perhaps with slightly different words ... Pretty certain that DJI knows more though & are working to remedy this in one way or another ... they will most probably never go wide with the reason or a recall. They will continue to replace until a solution is available & we will notice the changes from Mini owners or from the logs showing a different behavior.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure