DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro, looking for Help

greekgeel

Reactions
Hi everyone, new to the forum and coming with hat in hand to ask for help. Weather was great yesterday so took the mavic pro out in Sport mode, within a couple of minutes I lost it and it failed to return to home. So the signal went out, then I tried to get closer to regain signal after a few mins when I realized it was not returning. Unfortunately, it failed to reconnect and I had to go a different route on to reach the spot where it was last on the GPS (subdivisions do not connect, sigh...). No sign of the drone, by then battery would have been dead, presumably.

would anyone be willing to review the flight log and advise on possible failure mode or downed drone location? Also here is the link DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

My thought is this, it was flying at 150-180 ft. but then it was flying up a hill, maybe it hit a tree on RTH? Never got the signal that it was RTH so I guess it would have been a close tree. No sign of it so far.

In

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-25_[17-02-05].txt
    625.8 KB · Views: 11
Did you look in the actual area on the map/flight path you posted.... up in a tree perhaps? At the very end it looks like your downlink was restored... you could not see anything on your phone/tablet?

There was a little signal degradation before the disconnect, but the aircraft was only a few meters above the tree tops:

Climb.png

Note that when you applied 3 seconds of full down throttle at 133 seconds (why?), the aircraft descended 10 meters and the vision system reported a height of 7 meters and decreasing. Based on the IMU height and the GE DEM the aircraft was around 30 meters above ground level at that point. It's very likely that it did hit a tree just past the intersection of Van Ness Dr and Nob Hill Ct.

screenshot299.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you both! The screen was completely disconnected, it seemed like the screen flickered then never came back again.
I will have to knock on doors to see if I can walk the properties more thoroughly, I took a look from the street and could not find it, nor see it in the trees.

i descended to try to turn and take a picture , then I immediately remembered the elevation loss due to the hill and tried to raise altitude to avoid trees and regain signal, but it was too late, never reconnected.

bummer but I guess lesson learned, hope I can find it tho...

Oh and my video cache was full. Last thing I saw on the videofeed was the roof of a house on van ness and tree branches, which was when I tried to pull up but it had disconnected again right away, for good.

I also made the mistake of turning the remote from sport to regular, in hindsight that was presumably not helpful.

Is it possible that it might have hovered for a long time, before hitting trees or landing?

^meant to add that I looked again, scanned the (leafless) tree tops with binoculars, still no sign of it.

When in sports mode, your OA was off of course.

Possibly found by one of the residents.
Do the door knock asap, maybe a quick leaflet with a photo of your (or other) M1P, and a note of small reward if you like, may get some local kids out searching their yards.
You might only need to do a dozen to twenty homes, knock on each door and present your case nicely, hand them a leaflet, and hope you get a call eventually.
Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead