DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro Near Los Angeles | City Of Industry | App Issue

MikeTurber

Reactions
Lost DJI Mavic Pro. Has Carbon Fiber sticker skin set. Took off from Fry's parking lot. Video of the Falcon 9 launch from Vandenburg at 4:30am. GO app kept disconnecting. Unit would just fly away and I would try to manually fly it back and it would fly correct for about 10 seconds and then just go completely opposite. Absolutely bizarre and frustrating. It said it was landing while still at 40 percent and it would not let me fly it back. So the screen and app would turn off the Drone the disconnect and instead of returning to home it would just fly further away almost like the wind was carrying it no matter what I did it would not come back. I later learned that the phone was very low on memory and I believe this had something to do with it however, the drawing was set to return to home if it lost connection. It would not do this finally decided to land and it did so near Workman Hill Road on the water plant side of the small River North of the overpass. I tried to use this feature and it was useless would not take the location so I went to the log file and that was much more accurate even though it did not have the flight that was the main flight it did have a record of when I started the propellers after it had landed. This gave me the locations I went there and it was not there so apparently someone picked it up or that was not accurate and it landed in the water or somewhere. I believe this issue has been seen before as I've noticed people talk about the Drone flying off in a opposite direction and almost impossible to regain control almost as if someone had hijacked it. So I'm very frustrated, and very mad that when the drone disconnected it would not return to home. It forced me to reinstall the go software product and that wiped out apparently the logs. So I'm at a loss of what to do and the main thing is the SD card has extremely important footage on it. I don't even care if I get the drone back I just want the chip back.

Best Regards
Mike Turber

I went to the log file and that was much more accurate even though it did not have the flight that was the main flight it did have a record of when I started the propellers after it had landed. This gave me the locations I went there and it was not there so apparently someone picked it up or that was not accurate and it landed in the water or somewhere.
If you're using an Android mobile device, restart it and see if the main log appears. If you want a second opinion on your log, then upload it here and post a link back here.

Were your flight logs sync'd to the DJI cloud? If so you may be able to retrieve them using the Go 4 app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka