DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro

gavhuggy

Reactions
Hi Guys

Well lets say i lost my mavic about two hours ago in Knaphill Woking Surrey UK i set a mission in Litchi to fly a local circuit with two way points and about 2 miles and 55% battery. It took off ok and after about 400m i got signal lost and a spot en route of that point, i have been to that point and found nothing after walking around in the bush for awhile , i did get a signal connected for about 30 seconds and battery was at 16% and i pushed the return to home button but got no beeps to say it was on its way but there was no video so i presume it had landed somewhere. I checked my settings and it says at 15% go home and at 10% land.

So my big question is how do i find it, i can walk the route i planned to see if it landed/crashed but if en route when i pushed the RTH button the first time it lost signal it could be anywhere heading home can someone advise something i can do and would the drone serial number be registered at DJI if someone found it and tried to find the owner or to try fly it themselves.

Gavin

Hi Guys

Well lets say i lost my mavic about two hours ago in Knaphill Woking Surrey UK i set a mission in Litchi to fly a local circuit with two way points and about 2 miles and 55% battery. It took off ok and after about 400m i got signal lost and a spot en route of that point, i have been to that point and found nothing after walking around in the bush for awhile , i did get a signal connected for about 30 seconds and battery was at 16% and i pushed the return to home button but got no beeps to say it was on its way but there was no video so i presume it had landed somewhere. I checked my settings and it says at 15% go home and at 10% land.

So my big question is how do i find it, i can walk the route i planned to see if it landed/crashed but if en route when i pushed the RTH button the first time it lost signal it could be anywhere heading home can someone advise something i can do and would the drone serial number be registered at DJI if someone found it and tried to find the owner or to try fly it themselves.

Gavin
Sorry to hear about your loss. If you want help locating it, upload you txt. flight log here Phantom Log Viewer and post the link back here. There are also instructions on that page on how to retrieve the log.

It is probably too late now, but the find my drone feature of Go 4 might have led you to it at the time.

Reactions: Thwyllo
It looks like a total failure of sorts as i went to the last point before comms died and got a signal and connected to it but no video and no new point further forward in its flight battery was at 16% by the time i got to it so it must be around where the last point was before i lost comms. Its a wooded area with 10m trees, the flight altitude was set at 30m and it never got to 20% battery and RTH as set and a default setting.

So i am thinking it must have failed at the last point and crashed as when i got on the scene i connected but no video and no new waypoint. On trying to just take off when connected it gave me voice feedback of the altitude and speed both zero which also tells me its not in a tree.

As my eyes are not to good hence i bought this to fly itself and record the video planned on the Litchi app which i had done a few times with no problem and RTH tested working, so tomorrow is the better half day off and guess what she will be helping me find in the bush as i cant see **** in the woods.

I tried to buy another one today but just the drone nothing else and no one had or would sell it even DJI in China. i bought this for my trip next week to Portugal to go film some properties there so now its just a holiday with no filming as intended.

Sorry for the out pour, just frustrated not knowing why it did its own thing, i wonder if anybody else has had this.

Reactions: Flashcot
Did you get DJI Care Refresh? It covers loss in some circumstances

If you want another one for cheap, Amazon has refurbs for £624

im confused with your post, did u take off with only 55%battery and attempt to fly 2 miles? or at the 2 mile mark u had 55% battery and she woudnt return home, starting a 2 mile journey with 55% isnt much and may have encountered some wind etc

No wind and started a 2.5km circuit a 5min flight with 55% battery, if it was insufficient it would have warned of this when adding the mission via Litchi and when pressing go. it was about 450-650m from start at 30m when the signal was lost. I am convinced it had a total failure at where i lost comms like a prop coming off something of that nature and dropped down into the trees and bush.

I didn’t know the litchi app would travel that fast .
If this was to be a 5 minute trip and go 2.5 km . Would that not work out to 30 mph or 50 kmph
I might be way out to lunch.
I am trying to learn about planning missions

Ok Guys i found it, at the GPS point last transmitted so that is where it dropped and hit the ground with no damage only one leg was broken slightly , it also endured last nights rain.
Blew it out with a air can and she is up flying again.

The puzzle is why did it just drop out the sky 320m from takeoff flying at max speed 30m up, there are some 10-15m trees where it landed with two wings folded in a bit so it must of hit something which i doubt or they got folded on the ground impact.

So i confirm in the Litchi app the last position posted on signal loss was within 1m of where it was lying and i used the app to follow and locate it, so all good. I am now going to fit a secondary gsm tracker to it with a 7 day battery its the size of a box of matches and weights 86g and you test it for its position.

Portugal here we come with a purpose now.

Yea! I am surprised the gimbal survived in tact. Enjoy your trip!

Can you post pics of the tracker you will be using . I want one but have not taken the plunge

Just a quick update.

After reviewing the video footage it hit a tree 30mm above ground so the question now is why the avoidance system failed. I have it on and tested it many times and where it gets annoying when landing in my back garden so i know it was on and working.

Is there away of checking the logs to see if it was functioning

The tracker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0761T7Z58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I suggest pluging a external battery into the barrel connector to add extra life

It is probably too late now, but the find my drone feature of Go 4 might have led you to it at the time.
Wouldn't that be only the case if he flew it with GO4? He was in a Litchi mission. Not sure really. But the litchi flights aren't even recorded in GO4 logs, even if you keep GO in the background. But again, you might be right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura