DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost mavic pro

If the home point hadn’t been recorded correctly, the drone would have made off (if it could) to whatever homepoint it had in its memory.
The only way you could not correctly record the home point would be to launch before getting GPS.
If you were to do that, your Mavic would still record a home point and it would happen when it got GPS reception, probably fairly close to your launch spot which would have no impact on the flight at all.
Since the stored home point evaporates when the drone is switched off, the only home point it could have stored will be the correct one.

The only way you could not correctly record the home point would be to launch before getting GPS.
If you were to do that, your Mavic would still record a home point and it would happen when it got GPS reception, probably fairly close to your launch spot which would have no impact on the flight at all.
Since the stored home point evaporates when the drone is switched off, the only home point it could have stored will be the correct one.
Wrong! I just turned on my drone and connected. Got green to go with no GPS lock and the map in Go4 changed from the position of the controller, in this case literally my home, to the home point at my last flying position about 8 miles north west of my current position. So if I’ve not flown for a while, the AGPS data might be out of date, and need downloading before the drone acquires GPS lock and home point reset.

Wrong! I just turned on my drone and connected. Got green to go with no GPS lock and the map in Go4 changed from the position of the controller, in this case literally my home, to the home point at my last flying position about 8 miles north west of my current position. So if I’ve not flown for a while, the AGPS data might be out of date, and need downloading before the drone acquires GPS lock and home point reset.

You may have misunderstood what you were seeing. If you had no GPS lock then the ready to fly status was based on VPS, and the location that the map showed on the GO app was based on where your mobile device last had a position, not on where the aircraft thought it was, or its last recorded home point. The aircraft doesn't have a recorded home point when it starts up.

Reactions: Meta4
Sar is correct.
To confirm what I said.
Check the recorded flight data and it will show a blank field for the Lat and Long until you get GPS reception.
I've checked the data from hundreds of flights al over the world and they never start with an old home point.

Sar is correct.
To confirm what I said.
Check the recorded flight data and it will show a blank field for the Lat and Long until you get GPS reception.
I've checked the data from hundreds of flights al over the world and they never start with an old home point.
Ok, so the old home point isn’t overwritten in Go4 until gps lock is attained. I never fly until I’ve seen the drone icon and RC position overlaid in the correct orientation at the correct location.
More to the point is that we’ve heard nothing from the OP for days and he can’t be bothered to post the logs that will tell us definitively what caused the loss of the drone, even though he’s a regular viewer of this thread.

Ok, so the old home point isn’t overwritten in Go4 until gps lock is attained. I never fly until I’ve seen the drone icon and RC position overlaid in the correct orientation at the correct location.
More to the point is that we’ve heard nothing from the OP for days and he can’t be bothered to post the logs that will tell us definitively what caused the loss of the drone, even though he’s a regular viewer of this thread.

Until the app receives new location data from the aircraft, the map opens to the last recorded location of the aircraft, which will most likely be where you shut it down after the previous flight.

Ok, so the old home point isn’t overwritten in Go4 until gps lock is attained.
The old home point record doesn't exist after you shut down your Mavic.
You start again and the home point is blank until it has good GPS reception and records a new home point.

Luckily i have never lost a signal (in my 15 ,16 flights)

i never adjust my Antennas...i point them UP and so far i have never lost a connection (i would be very upset if i did as i am constantly concerned with the possibility of a fly away or a loss of signal while flying over one of the most populous parts of our country..(NYC ) and the harm that my flying might cause IF this happened..so far,ALL flights have been flawless and for that,i am grateful..
In a few of my 274 flights I’ve had signal strength drop off and been able to regain it by adjusting the antenna orientation and I still have my original drone, so I think I’ll just carry on doing what I’m doing.

To SAR (who’s knowledge and skill with flight logs I respect) and Meta4, ok I get it, the home point is lost when the Mavic is turned off and there is nothing until the drone gets gps lock. Not the best of programming but not a lot that we can do about it. But we don’t know what happened with the lost drone as the op is not giving the logs that would show what he did or the conditions.
To others that commented on height limitations, my version of Go4 has a maximum height of 400ft above takeoff that has to be altered manually. I also understand that most countries have a recommended max altitude for drones of 400ft to give some separation from manned aircraft who have a lower limit of 500ft.
That’s it. Bye and merry Christmas.

The old home point record doesn't exist after you shut down your Mavic.
You start again and the home point is blank until it has good GPS reception and records a new home point.

To SAR (who’s knowledge and skill with flight logs I respect) and Meta4, ok I get it, the home point is lost when the Mavic is turned off and there is nothing until the drone gets gps lock. Not the best of programming but not a lot that we can do about it. But we don’t know what happened with the lost drone as the op is not giving the logs that would show what he did or the conditions.
To others that commented on height limitations, my version of Go4 has a maximum height of 400ft above takeoff that has to be altered manually. I also understand that most countries have a recommended max altitude for drones of 400ft to give some separation from manned aircraft who have a lower limit of 500ft.
That’s it. Bye and merry Christmas.

The app does know where the last home point was, at least until the aircraft connects with a new one. For example, this shows the home point from the last flight.

1545952927161.jpeg

I believe here in frozen Canada our drone ceiling is 300’ . I wonder if any other places have different limits ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada