DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost mini 2 first day

I would contact DJI regardless; if there is no user error in the flight log then they might replace it even without the drone

guys I found the drone and I had the operator id on I tnow I've learnt my lesson not to fly the drone anywhere near that height again. but as for the drone what should I do with it. should I even attempt to turn it on and fly it

And as well that I was looking over my other flight records to see if there was another issues I hadn't picked up on and I saw my gps was bugging on this flight as well could any one tell me if its a major issue

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-04-30_[20-58-34].txt
    110.5 KB · Views: 10
Good News! I’d give it a good once over, make sure there is no damage to props, arms, etc. And all screws are tight but not going to hurt anything to power on the system with a fresh battery and see if you get errors. If there is no damage or warnings, take it out to a large open area and hover to see what happens. Maybe a low flight if all is good.

Reactions: JSM OZ
Good News! I’d give it a good once over, make sure there is no damage to props, arms, etc. And all screws are tight but not going to hurt anything to power on the system with a fresh battery and see if you get errors. If there is no damage or warnings, take it out to a large open area and hover to see what happens. Maybe a low flight if all is good.
I made sure there wasn't any damage and there wasn't amazingly not even a scratch on the outside and the camera is still in great condition but the drone wasn't hovering properly until I put it in sport mode and back to normal and it suddenly stopped drifting about but I had a feeling something was about to go wrong which it did suddenly the exact same thing happened as the time I lost it, it completely disconnected and said AC wasn't connected so I was expecting the AC to drop but no it was basically ATTI mode but with out any video link or apparently being connected yet using the sticks I had full control over it and I even managed to land it while the AC was apparently not connected.I am going to send it in but is there any way this could be a fault of mine.i feel like its the controller

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-04_[21-14-03].txt
    797.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There may be other reasons for losing video link but remain in control. The device cpu may be overloading from too many apps running at the same time. Also the cable but usually not intermittent. Any trees or buildings in the way will do it but should recover when clear. Will see if others can add more. Glad for recovery, hope you or DJI can solve the glitch. Good you learned to fly blind too.

What brand of phone are you using? There is in particular phone brand popular in the UK that has issues more often than not. I’ll look and see if I can find it.

I was stressing for a second I won't lie.

an iPhone XR
XR should be just fine. Just make sure updated to the latest on the iOS, latest DJI Fly app and latest firmware on the drone and controller.

I restart my phone, turn off wifi, turn on the controller, attach the cable and then start the Fly app - nothing else. Once they all connect, I start the drone last. I saw this in a few YouTube videos and seems to work well for me.

I don’t think there is anything you are doing wrong - they should not disconnect.

I wouldn't buy another drone to check roof tops, to many roof tops to check.
You'll only invite trouble.
I think your drone was to high to see if anything, like the battery would have dropped out.
I'd check the area where Slup said.............
Just my .02

Good luck to you.

I wouldn't buy another drone to check roof tops, to many roof tops to check.
You'll only invite trouble.
I think your drone was to high to see if anything, like the battery would have dropped out.
I'd check the area where Slup said.............
Just my .02

Good luck to you.
Read back a little, the OP has found it.

If you are loosing visual but still have stick control it could be a problem with the cable linking the remote controller to the phone. DJI cables have caused problems. Try a different cable. MP1 controllers have a full size USB on the bottom. I don’t know about your mini 2 controller.

I lost my Mavic Mini after a few flights (Software meltdown!) couldn't find the Drone so had nothing to return to DJI; provided the Logs and Data and eventually negotiated to purchase another one (Drone only) at a 50% discount; you could try this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi