DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MINI 2

eddiethek

Reactions
Hello, I lost my Mini 2 about 2 days ago. I was hovering over a grassy field beyond visual line of sight. I was watching the video feed when the drone began to spin uncontrollably. I lost connection with the drone shortly after. I reviewed the flight logs which indicated that the drone began to move on its own and started to spin without any input from the controller. I also reviewed numerous error codes such as Max power overload, Gimbal motor overload, detected shock which occured while still midair.

I have searched for the drone the last couple of days, but its last known location is in a high grassy area. The find my drone feature did not work, Im assuming the battery flew out or dislodged when it hit the ground. I am trying to determine an accurate landing point and saw on other forums that others were able to determine a trajectory using the flight data. If you guys could help me pinpoint where the drone may have landed, I would really appreciate it!

It should be noted that the DJI Fly app, Phantom Viewer software and Airdata all show different last known locations

Please see the attached flight log and thank you again!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-06-02_[15-10-38][1].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hello, I lost my Mini 2 about 2 days ago. I was hovering over a grassy field beyond visual line of sight. I was watching the video feed when the drone began to spin uncontrollably. I lost connection with the drone shortly after. I reviewed the flight logs which indicated that the drone began to move on its own and started to spin without any input from the controller. I also reviewed numerous error codes such as Max power overload, Gimbal motor overload, detected shock which occured while still midair.

I have searched for the drone the last couple of days, but its last known location is in a high grassy area. The find my drone feature did not work, Im assuming the battery flew out or dislodged when it hit the ground. I am trying to determine an accurate landing point and saw on other forums that others were able to determine a trajectory using the flight data. If you guys could help me pinpoint where the drone may have landed, I would really appreciate it!

It should be noted that the DJI Fly app, Phantom Viewer software and Airdata all show different last known locations

For the last 10 seconds of the flight record, GPS was unreliable due to high pitch and roll angles as the drone tumbled.
This has given some false data for horizontal speed (and likely for location) during the last 10 seconds
Signal was lost when the drone was still about 220 feet above the ground.

The last reliable GPS location was 40.94800 79.91254, when the drone was still approx 580 feet above the ground.
The crash location shouldn't be far from that, as it was falling almost vertically.
If the drone is caught in a tree, it could be very difficult or impossible to see.

580 feet, and BVLOS?

Reactions: ANT0407

I'm curious to know what the wind speed and gust speed were that day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu