DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my 4x zoom

Rchawks

Reactions
I checked for updates on the DJI App on my laptop now my zoom only goes to 2x instead of 4 times what gives??

it's appreciated.
Your welcome. I like short and to the point responses. And are you aware that besides being able to tap or or drag on the zoom indicator to zoom in/out that you can also hold down the "Fn" key while push/pulling the gimbal wheel to zoom in/out?

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Yes, it's a awesome feature. I noticed tonight after playing back the video I made that it looks shaky which is a first for this drone with me. I'm trying to trouble shoot in my head what could be wrong. Up to this point it has been flawless. I was tooling around in sport mode so I'm thinking that might be the cause, or maybe well I'm not sure. i'll have to wait until to tomorrow to try again. BTW do you know what the latest update is for the MA2?

Your welcome. I like short and to the point responses. And are you aware that besides being able to tap or or drag on the zoom indicator to zoom in/out that you can also hold down the "Fn" key while push/pulling the gimbal wheel to zoom in/out?
Frustrating that you can't use it for photos. I get that you can crop single photos easily enough but being a complete noob when it comes to editing, I don't know if that's an option for hyperlapse photos.

Took a quick video of the sun setting over the city last week and thought - great, that's the shot I want on the hyperlapse. But...not available.

Reactions: Rchawks
Fingers crossed that sooner rather than later, DJI will introduce the zoom feature to the stills camera.
With that option, what more could you want from the MA2?
cheers graham

Frustrating that you can't use it for photos. I get that you can crop single photos easily enough but being a complete noob when it comes to editing, I don't know if that's an option for hyperlapse photos.

Took a quick video of the sun setting over the city last week and thought - great, that's the shot I want on the hyperlapse. But...not available.
If you are using Apple, I suggest that you download a video to your (iphone), play it and do a screen capture. It’s quick and at least will give you a zoomed image.

If you are using Apple, I suggest that you download a video to your (iphone), play it and do a screen capture. It’s quick and at least will give you a zoomed image.
Yeah, I could do that Dave. But I'd want all the shots in tbe hyperlapse cropped so the 'video' would just show the zoomed portion.

Stop press: My daughter is here at the moment and she does some video work and editing in her job and she says that yeah, you could select all the photos in the hyperlapse sequence, crop one and tell tbe editing software 'crop all exactly like that'.

I'm waiting for a new laptop due to be delivered in the next day or so and I need to get some decent editing software. I'll try that when it's all set up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78