DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom issues

rscheff

Reactions
My second day of flying the mini2 SE I lost one of the zoom capabilities. I had 1x, 2x and then 4x. I now only have 1 and 2. Any suggestions on what happened?

Did you change modes or resolution? I think, depending on the mode or resolution, zoom capabilities change. I could be wrong - check your User's Manual.

I figured it out. 4x only works in video mode not picture mode. DJI is supposedly in the process of changing this. It seems quite illogical that it would not work in both modes. Even the DJI tech was baffled and it wasn't until I was tinkering back and forth while on the phone with tech, that I discovered.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Bear in mind that these are all “digital” zooms. They are not real optical zooms, but simply crops on the sensor image. You can do the same thing easily in post with exactly the same quality (or lack there of).

Reactions: Bane77 and Aairon
I figured it out. 4x only works in video mode not picture mode. DJI is supposedly in the process of changing this. It seems quite illogical that it would not work in both modes. Even the DJI tech was baffled and it wasn't until I was tinkering back and forth while on the phone with tech, that I discovered.
"Even the DJI tech was baffled" that's just a guy off the streets reading answers from a script book, they are baffled by anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329