DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost my drone because of GPS

That's a good idea! I didn't thought that it could cause some app crashes... Indeed, I can find a lot of pics and vids on my phone, even if I disable the "cache recording on the device" option in the app.
It's mostly some bad resolution pics, maybe only some preview images I guess.
If I reinstall the app, all my settings will be erased ?
What could happen if I just delete those useless files in the app folder... App will crash at start up?
Yeah I know. I couldn't believe that it had accumulated 5000 files. So I did a clean up and not one disconnection with a full 2 batterys. Normally I would have disconnections problems all the time.

Reactions: jason38
It was a bit marginal, as you can see from the graph above, but it was making reasonable progress until it lost GPS.
Perhaps. With loss of GPS, last location doesn't change. But you can see it was still pitched forward during ATTI until loss of connection, not entirely just being blown by the wind. So it could be that might might have had enough battery to return.
If the pilot brought it lower he might have heard it if it passed by. For all we know, it could've flown past overhead.
Very strange 0 satellites for so long. Possibly a technical fault. If it can be retrieved, it might have been covered under warranty.

Perhaps. With loss of GPS, last location doesn't change. But you can see it was still pitched forward during ATTI until loss of connection, not entirely just being blown by the wind. So it could be that might might have had enough battery to return.
If the pilot brought it lower he might have heard it if it passed by. For all we know, it could've flown past overhead.
Very strange 0 satellites for so long. Possibly a technical fault. If it can be retrieved, it might have been covered under warranty.

It was still at full forward pitch until the downlink failed. The heading was 130° in ATTI with a brisk west wind, so the track will likely have been SE, and unlikely to have ended up close to the homepoint. That will have continued while the pilot kept forward elevator or until the uplink was lost. We have no information on those. In the absence of elevator it will have drifted with the wind. If uplink was lost it will have autolanded.

d
Yeah I know. I couldn't believe that it had accumulated 5000 files. So I did a clean up and not one disconnection with a full 2 batterys. Normally I would have disconnections problems all the time.

I'm trying it right now, after cleaning cache on my phone. The app goes right, I'm gonna try a fly...o_O
I'll let you know.
I'm thinking about buy a CrystralSky screen soon... What a expensive part, but if it's clear of crashes, I think it worth the price. I'll watch some threads about CrystalSky to see what's goin on with that stuff...

Just did 2 flights around my home after cleaning my phone...
Everything went right, no app crash, no disconnection... Looks great!
At the end of the 2nd flight I tried to go far away, behind trees from my position and all worked fine...
I'll clean the phone regulary now I know it can crash the app...
Thank you GavieboyDJI for the tips!
Sorry for those unsuitable posts on this thread guys...

A flyaway for unknown reasons is the scariest thing to happen during flight. Magnetic Interferrence and loss of GPS seem to be an indication when that is happening. When flying around my neighborhood, I sometimes get one or the other, sometimes both - but restored within seconds. Any idea what causes this? Could WiFi signals from all the homes in the area be a cause to block the signal?

Hey thx ppl for help dji will send me new one for free! :) asked me to send share all logs from dji app and thats all got new drone

anyone can show me where to buy those trackers for new drone ? i prefer aliexpress thx

Average wind speed 30kph, max gust 65kph. Not sure it'll make it back.

This may seem a very n00b question, but how did you determine the wind speed? I didn't see that in the .csv log files.

Reactions: faceman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esmond