DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone in a lake

hassanmunich

Reactions
Hi Guys
I just lost may drone in spot pond , Dtoneham yesterday.
Is there any one ca help me how to get it out, I know where exactly it went down but I need some here please.
Thank you very much in advance
Hassan

Hi Guys
I just lost may drone in spot pond , Dtoneham yesterday.
Is there any one ca help me how to get it out, I know where exactly it went down but I need some here please.
Thank you very much in advance
Hassan
Fix up a fishing pole with a weight and some big treble hooks?? I have gotten other things out of pond/lakes in this manner.

Its a big lake. Scuba diving is the only way. Will need dry suit gear as it is below freezing now.

1610171518213.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Sorry about your loss. I hope you are able to retrieve it and get it fixed.

A while back a drone of mine ended up hovering over a roof till it ran out of battery and landed there.
My fault for not setting home outside...long story. So I looked for a local drone agency and this guy came out and helped lift it off the roof...aaaaanyway; check for local ads or place one on social media. This is also a great excuse to by an underwater drone. Some people like me have an underwater camera on their boats. A local ad may help you out. Sorry I can't help.

A while back a drone of mine ended up hovering over a roof till it ran out of battery and landed there.
My fault for not setting home outside...long story. So I looked for a local drone agency and this guy came out and helped lift it off the roof...aaaaanyway; check for local ads or place one on social media. This is also a great excuse to by an underwater drone. Some people like me have an underwater camera on their boats. A local ad may help you out. Sorry I can't help.
I wish I could find an underwater drone that was not tethered and would not break the bank!

Reactions: NG Wildman
I wish I could find an underwater drone that was not tethered and would not break the bank!
Radio signals do not travel well through water. This is why almost all ROVs are tethered.

I recall a post from some months ago where one of our members recovered a drone from the water after months of being submerged: Saga of Wolf Creek Falls.

If you know where the drone is and can find someone with an underwater drone, you may well be able to recover it.

Radio signals do not travel well through water. This is why almost all ROVs are tethered.

I recall a post from some months ago where one of our members recovered a drone from the water after months of being submerged: Saga of Wolf Creek Falls.

If you know where the drone is and can find someone with an underwater drone, you may well be able to recover it.
I just have a couple ponds on my property I would like to explore from underwater is all..

front pond.jpg

I just have a couple ponds on my property I would like to explore from underwater is all..

View attachment 121417
Nice property. I have a tethered camera that I can drop straight down and rotate that works pretty well from the boat. I will probably get an underwater drone this Spring. I can't wait to go exploring with one. Onondaga Lake near Syracuse has several ships and a F94 trainer jet under water. You can see some of the hulls from the air.

Reactions: A.O.
Nice property. I have a tethered camera that I can drop straight down and rotate that works pretty well from the boat. I will probably get an underwater drone this Spring. I can't wait to go exploring with one. Onondaga Lake near Syracuse has several ships and a F94 trainer jet under water. You can see some of the hulls from the air.
Yeah, I don't imagine I have anything like those in there !!! :eek: But I'd like to see what I do have.

When you get it I would love to hear about it!

Yeah, I don't imagine I have anything like those in there !!! :eek: But I'd like to see what I do have.

When you get it I would love to hear about it!
Likewise

Yes but ultrasound does - former submariner.

Reactions: Barbara
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada