DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost My Drone

Fosterlandsvakt

Reactions
Can someone please help me with this problem i got yesterday.
After some minutes i've got the messeage that my android phone is disconnected from the drone. I was in sport mode and the RTH button dont work. I switched to GPS mode but my phone was still disconnected and the RTH button did'nt work. I got panic and walk/run towards the drone position but i never get the connection again. Can some please have an idea were i shoud look after my drone. Here is the flight data:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Can someone please help me with this problem i got yesterday.
After some minutes i've got the messeage that my android phone is disconnected from the drone. I was in sport mode and the RTH button dont work. I switched to GPS mode but my phone was still disconnected and the RTH button did'nt work. I got panic and walk/run towards the drone position but i never get the connection again. Can some please have an idea were i shoud look after my drone. Here is the flight data:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Sorry but here som info: I'm using Mavic Pro with Samsung S7 and the DJI Go app with the latest firmware

...After some minutes i've got the messeage that my android phone is disconnected from the drone. I was in sport mode and the RTH button dont work. I switched to GPS mode but my phone was still disconnected and the RTH button did'nt work...
Sorry for your loss. I will let the gurus decipher your logs. My concern is RTH. The RTH button on the RC should have worked regardless of the phone connection. Did you press and hold the button? Was RTH set to return and was the home point set?

That was an abrupt end to the logging with no warning, which suggests that the phone lost communications with the RC or the aircraft suffered a catastrophic event. I'd start with the former scenario. Are you sure that the RC was not still controlling the aircraft? If the aircraft did disconnect from the RC, either at that time or later, then it would have returned to the home point, but presumably you checked back there after unsuccessful searching at the last recorded point.

Today is my best day of the year [emoji41] I get up early in the morning and make 10 papers with the description what happened and my name and phone number. 4 Hours later i recieved a call from a lady who had seen the paper and tell me that she was at the police station a hour ago and leave the my drone and she told me that the drone was at the starting point and hovering. Suddely it fell to the ground and she get the drone and yhis day leave it to the police station. For about 10 minutes i pic up my drone and the gimball hade been broken (se pictures) but the rest looks okej. Did anybody knew if it is easy to replace the gimbal? I have to go home now and see what i could do about it [emoji6] Thanx for your reply and it was right that the RTH buton works even if the android phone get disconected. Somethis to think about for others who get the same problem. But i wounder why the drone doesnt land smootly when he come back to the start position.20180504_152025.jpeg20180504_152024.jpeg

Today is my best day of the year [emoji41] I get up early in the morning and make 10 papers with the description what happened and my name and phone number. 4 Hours later i recieved a call from a lady who had seen the paper and tell me that she was at the police station a hour ago and leave the my drone and she told me that the drone was at the starting point and hovering. Suddely it fell to the ground and she get the drone and yhis day leave it to the police station. For about 10 minutes i pic up my drone and the gimball hade been broken (se pictures) but the rest looks okej. Did anybody knew if it is easy to replace the gimbal? I have to go home now and see what i could do about it [emoji6] Thanx for your reply and it was right that the RTH buton works even if the android phone get disconected. Somethis to think about for others who get the same problem. But i wounder why the drone doesnt land smootly when he come back to the start position.View attachment 37186View attachment 37187
Cool that's awesome! Glad the RTH did end up working! The reason it didn't land smoothly is probably because it had Landing Protection on. It scanned the ground with the bottom cameras and decided it wasn't perfectly safe to land (there may have been a rock or tall grass etc) so it just hovered there...until the battery ran completely out and it free fell the last few feet. Glad you got it back!

Today is my best day of the year [emoji41] I get up early in the morning and make 10 papers with the description what happened and my name and phone number. 4 Hours later i recieved a call from a lady who had seen the paper and tell me that she was at the police station a hour ago and leave the my drone and she told me that the drone was at the starting point and hovering. Suddely it fell to the ground and she get the drone and yhis day leave it to the police station. For about 10 minutes i pic up my drone and the gimball hade been broken (se pictures) but the rest looks okej. Did anybody knew if it is easy to replace the gimbal? I have to go home now and see what i could do about it [emoji6] Thanx for your reply and it was right that the RTH buton works even if the android phone get disconected. Somethis to think about for others who get the same problem. But i wounder why the drone doesnt land smootly when he come back to the start position.View attachment 37186View attachment 37187

That's good news. It also illustrates that the most likely location will be the home point. So you left the home point without ever giving it time to return, and didn't check back there?

Check closely to see if the gimbal is broken or merely dislodged. There are videos showing how it should be properly seated.

Thanx for all help. The gimbal is a problem now becasue it was nearly totally lost from the position so i have some work to do to get it up in the air and i can se alot of youtube videos who help with the gimbal and cable problem. Thax all again for your replys [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esmond