DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic 3 today while recording alligators - video

Check my thrower flashing lights video testing my K30GT2 and the K75

View attachment 160473
Decent lights. I actually bought an Imalent MS-12 Tactical light. 65,000 lumens of pure power. Cost 400 dollars. I couldnt resist.

Instead of throwing a beam like the lights you're using, which are ok, It will actually flood the entire lake with light. I mean THE ENTIRE LAKE WOULD LOOK LIKE DAYLIGHT. It's the most insane rechargeable light I ever bought. It has fans around the LED head to try to keep it cool, but after about 6 minutes you have to use a glove to hold it. It gets way too hot.

It's fun freaking people out on the beach. It is actually as bright as a police helicopter light or stronger actually. I can't look at the beam whatsoever. Here is a PIC from a website. It doesn't do it justice. See Attached. NOTICE THE LITTLE GUY IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE SCREEN, STANDING ON THE WALK WAY.Imalent MS-12.jpg

Reactions: zeusfl
Nice!!! I glad there is another forum member flashaholic !!!! LOLLL. If you see on my youtube channel, I posted 2 videos testing my Imalent MS18 100,000 Lumens. I know very well what you got because I used to have one as well. I also have an Acebeam X80-GT and many mores.

I was saving money to buy an AceBeam X75 but looks like will need to be use for get the Mavic 3 replacement. :(

With alligator pond at your back door , I see why these Flash Lights are so critical. :p

Is there anyway to Distinguish between Two Gators , like Fred and Martha be nice to know who is slithering around you. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: zeusfl
Nice!!! I glad there is another forum member flashaholic !!!! LOLLL. If you see on my youtube channel, I posted 2 videos testing my Imalent MS18 100,000 Lumens. I know very well what you got because I used to have one as well. I also have an Acebeam X80-GT and many mores.

Yes, I'm a Flashaholic too. I have have about 8 EDC or Tactical flashlights.

I'm amazed you got the MS18. I thought 65,000 lumens was enough, but 1000,000 lumens? Holy Moly ! I wouldn't want that thing pointed at me. Either or for that matter. We both know we can't look at them, even from the corner of our eyes. They are blinding and painful. You can't even glance at them.

With alligator pond at your back door , I see why these Flash Lights are so critical. :p
Is there anyway to Distinguish between Two Gators , like Fred and Martha be nice to know who is slithering around you. lol
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I have a house in Florida. Two sides of it only have about 10 feet of grass between my house and gator infested canal water. Those lights definitely come in handy. You can see the gators eyes glow.

Many people does not know, but 2,000 true Lumens is more than sufficient for walking or hiking. This is why I walk with my throwers like the K30GT that is 5,500 on turbo mode and can beam 264,144 candelas.

The problem is that many people buy flashing lights trusting what the ads says and most of them are laying. They ads 100K lumens when in reality they barely give 1500-2000 plus step down.

I know I side track the post but this is a good information to search for a lost drone...

If anytime you are visiting Tallahassee FL, let me know to go to the lake, fly drones and test the lights.

Reactions: Coskier
Today while I was kayaking recording wildlife in a private property, trying to do a nice video of my 1000 subscribers celebration, my drone suddenly drifted to the right side and hitting to a tree branch and crashed on the water. I was able to recover the drone thanks to the phantomrain wetsuit bright colors in the shallow water and the Firehouse ARC V blinking light. Sadly I lost the SD card. At least I was I was able to recover the video from the cache of my DJI RC Pro (this video).

I can not explain what happened but here is the video.

With the Mavic 3 (I am assuming not the Classic)...You can fly higher and use the telephoto lens and stay above the tree line. It will also give a greater depth of field and a different kind of visual perspective.

Reactions: MavicMover
With the Mavic 3 (I am assuming not the Classic)...You can fly higher and use the telephoto lens and stay above the tree line. It will also give a greater depth of field and a different kind of visual perspective.
While this is true, the problem is that does not support 5.1K resolution while digital zoom is in use or a 7X lens is in use. and I was trying to do a one-piece video without cuts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka