DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Air in a first day

Guys, thanks for your help and your comments. I've learned a lot of new information I've shared my story with you to warn you what can be happend and I hope you will never loose your drones.
I was trying to find my drone for 5 hours, but my mission failed :(

Tough luck Dimitrius. I feel really bad for you. Hope it doesn't put you off the hobby entirely.

An anemometer is a cheap and reliable method of getting actual numbers in the field before flying. Obviously measuring wind speed at ground level does not fully cater for 100 meters up in the air.

An anemometer is a cheap and reliable method of getting actual numbers in the field before flying. Obviously measuring wind speed at ground level does not fully cater for 100 meters up in the air.
I have actually thought about coming up with a way to attach an anemometer to the Mavic, with a line so it hangs below prop wash, to ascertain wind speed at altitude. Then I imagine that line being blown into a prop and I drop that thought. :)

Mike

Hi Ryan...
At the time I had a fpvlr antenna on my r.c.
Stock the range is about 2 miles or so on my i1 and is far enough to get a huge rush. In fact I don't need to fly very far these days for thrills. I have a blast flying over milerton dam here in the foothills of Fresno .
Nice. I'm actually planning on purchasing an i2 or mavic pro. Still don't know what to choose yet...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
If you fly where there is cell service, there is a new tracker out I'm going to try. Ping tracker.

Reactions: ryanolivas
Ping said they started shipping some of those trackers out. However, I haven't seen anyone in the drone world mention using one yet. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

dsc_0350-2-720x720.jpg

ping_3.jpg

Ping is 36.00 a year after first year.

This wind thing scares me. Once I get a warning I lower the altitude and keep it within 75ft. Not taking any chances or loosing the drone. I always start with 100 percent battery no matter how short my flight plan is. You never know.

Reactions: ryanolivas
This wind thing scares me. Once I get a warning I lower the altitude and keep it within 75ft. Not taking any chances or loosing the drone. I always start with 100 percent battery no matter how short my flight plan is. You never know.
Good job. No drone in this world that could handle the strong wind at ease. its very difficult to fight. might as well land fast.

Reactions: JoBri

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure