DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic air!

Inna Tkach

Reactions
Hello! Lost my Mavic air, the signal disappeared and I couldn’t find it on the place it was suppose to be before it lost signal. What should I do???Moreover, I think that the battery died

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: hlf
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com I still don't understand what happened
I'm not the expert, but I can tell you what you did wrong. You didn't wait for the home point to be set when you took off, as a result, the HP wasn't recorded until 57.8 seconds into the flight. In the Google Earth picture below, the green pin is roughly where you were standing (taken from the app GPS which isn't always accurate), the yellow pin is where the HP was actually set, and the red pin is the last know point of the Mavic. The Mavic still had around 75% percent battery so I assume that when signal was lost it headed back to the recorded HP (yellow pin) I would advise searching in this area.
I'm sure there are lots of things things I'm missing so I'll call in @sar104 to help us
out.
Again, Green = you
Yellow = Home Point
Red = Mavic's last known location
This first picture shows the flight path along with the various pins.
HPNS with flight path.PNG
This second picture shows the pins and my estimated rout between from the last know point and the HP.HPNS without fligh path.PNG
The last pic just shows a close up of where the HP was set.Close up.PNG

Reactions: Cbslagle
I'm not the expert, but I can tell you what you did wrong. You didn't wait for the home point to be set when you took off, as a result, the HP wasn't recorded until 57.8 seconds into the flight. In the Google Earth picture below, the green pin is roughly where you were standing (taken from the app GPS which isn't always accurate), the yellow pin is where the HP was actually set, and the red pin is the last know point of the Mavic. The Mavic still had around 75% percent battery so I assume that when signal was lost it headed back to the recorded HP (yellow pin) I would advise searching in this area.
I'm sure there are lots of things things I'm missing so I'll call in @sar104 to help us
out.
Again, Green = you
Yellow = Home Point
Red = Mavic's last known location
This first picture shows the flight path along with the various pins.
View attachment 35224
This second picture shows the pins and my estimated rout between from the last know point and the HP.View attachment 35225
The last pic just shows a close up of where the HP was set.View attachment 35227

That looks correct. The only other issue is the flight altitude. The end of the track is here:

screenshot123.jpg

The ground rises steeply to the left. It might have cleared the buildings, but it would not have gone much further. If obstacle avoidance stopped it then it would have hovered. It was not set to go home on low battery. It should have returned on RC connection lost. However, as you pointed out - the home point was 275 m from the launch point.

Thank you for your help, your answers make a lot of sense. However, I have looked for the drone where the connection got lost and where the fake HP was set without any luck :(

Thank you for your help, your answers make a lot of sense. However, I have looked for the drone where the connection got lost and where the fake HP was set without any luck :(
My only suggestions at this point would be to maybe put up some posters offering a reward in the area of the home point. Also if you walked the estimated RTH line starting from where @sar104 took the google image, you may also find it because, as Sar said, your Mavic may have been stopped by obstacle avoidance in front of one of those buildings and hovered until it landed. Good luck! -CF

Reactions: Yoda007
Hi
Inna Tkach,

As can be seen from the log file, you took off before you had enough GPS to be lock on see below:
The green zone, is the time you didn't had enough GPS and after ~54sec you had enough GPS (more than 10)
upload_2018-4-7_18-6-33.png

Well in Germany it’s the law to have your address on the drone in a fire resistant form... yes people can point the finger at you but you might also get a nice telephone call saying “I found your drone come and get it!”

Reactions: kornfleks
Wow Congrats. That is amazing how accurate they were able to predict where it landed. Hope you also learnt your lesson and won't do that again.

Reactions: Inna Tkach
I know this is late but thank you to all who helped Inna regarding finding her MA, also it gave me more info on what do before I go zipping out in the future.

Bernz

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman