DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost My Mavic Air

My question is ... if you get wind warnings, how do you know how fast wind is?
The lower level wind warning comes in when the app calculates a wind speed of 7 metres/sec.
The best way to gauge wind speed is to fly your drone directly into the wind and see how much it affects your top speed.

Reactions: JDawg
Hi dose any one no why I don't have image on the screen and gimbal wont calibrate on mavic air.? Is there a fix thnks

So glad you found it, what a feeling it is.... When I lost my mavic Pro, I had to leave it overnight cuz I lost daylight. It felt like I was leaving my kid out there, the feeling was gut-wrenching. Hope I was of some help.

Lonz

Reactions: SixStringer1000
Happy for you

Reactions: SixStringer1000
The way i do it:

- Upload the log to Airdata.com
- Extract from that site the .KML
- Import the .KML to Google Earth on your computer
- you now see the flight path in GE, go into the properties of the flight path and in altitude tab click 'extend path to ground'

done.

Keule - I was able to download the kmL file from airdata and upload the kml fle to google earth and it shows the flight path. However, I am not seeing anywhere to access properties of the flight path. How do you do that?

Right click 'Airdata.com'

Thanks for your patience helping me through this. I did right click on airdata.com and it showed this and when I click on show elevation data, it still just shows it below the map:
1546367145962.png

Thanks for your patience helping me through this. I did right click on airdata.com and it showed this and when I click on show elevation data, it still just shows it below the map:
View attachment 57434

You want "Properties", not "Show Elevation Data".

In properties -> Altitude tab:

Path_properties.JPG

Hi there, you giving such great advice on this Google Earth altitude profile desolation.
But l cannot get the preferences for the flight path .
KML file opens in GE l get only to path window and wants link put in airdata.com and puts airdata.com path on sidebar and that is it.
Thank you for your kind help
kacerbar

I think there are two different warnings for high wind, do they refer to a certain wind speed which is calculated by the drone itself?

Really nice that another drone has been found with the help of such expert forum members. Amazing!
Hi Pac, I use an app called UAV forecast. It gives lots of info on local conditions including, wind speed, available satellites, cloud cover and lots of other info. It also gives a recommendation on whether it is safe to fly or not.

I echo Dave's comment. First, I pay attention to the general weather forecast for any area I choose to fly. Then, immediately before flying, I check the UAV Forecast app. In particular I check the app's Wind Profile tab:

i-9jZM4tc.jpg

That gives me a pretty good idea how windy it might be 100-400 feet above ground level. UAV Forecast isn't perfect, but it is a tool that helps drone pilots make reasonably informed decisions about whether it is safe to fly the drone at that time. Referring to the app is WAY better than doing NOTHING before sending the bird into the air.

I also check all four props each and every time I fly. I make sure they are securely attached and I check them for any evidence of cracking. And I make double sure the battery is fully seated and locked into place by trying to pull the battery out of the drone without depressing the buttons.

Mark

I think there are two different warnings for high wind, do they refer to a certain wind speed which is calculated by the drone itself?

Really nice that another drone has been found with the help of such expert forum members. Amazing!
When I get high wind warnings from the drone I immediately bring it down to less than 100 feet (30 meters) and lower if necessary.

Reactions: Photo Booth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum