DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my MAVIC in western fjord in Iceland

zvisegal

Reactions
Here is the last movie taken before I lost it.. following stupid mistake.

I finished my shots and decided to drain the battery. So I flew to the side to shoot the water fall.

I "forgot" that I am flying within the walls of a waddy...

Using FIND MY DRONE I managed to cross the river with my car and than climb up the cliff full of bushes... After 2 hours I gave up.

I guess I was as close as 10m but as its battery was drained I could not turn on his beep nor lights.

In the attached photo you can see the accurate coordinates.

I wish that somebody can find it and keep it for himself.

I just want the SD card with his content.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170630-073539.png
    Screenshot_20170630-073539.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
Sorry for your loss....hopefully someone will find it and search for the owner if there's any contact info.

I am already on my way back out of Iceland.

Tried for about 2 hours, almost got injured...

Reactions: MikeN
It may be pointless, but if you upload your TXT flight log, maybe I can provide you a new search location.

It will be useless for me...

Already write it off my books..

The coordinates are quit accurate as I had for a while communication with the drone.

Hope some body else can find and use it.

I'd post the coordinates on a local online board like Craigslist or Reddit. Offer a $100 reward. Offer a $300 reward if it is functional (retrieved before the next rain). I would be shocked if you don't have it in a day.

Reactions: Pete69
I'd post the coordinates on a local online board like Craigslist or Reddit. Offer a $100 reward. Offer a $300 reward if it is functional (retrieved before the next rain). I would be shocked if you don't have it in a day.

Many thanks.

Ler's wait and hope.

I don't get it

Looks like it crashed in plain sight

Why can't you just get it?

It is in a very dense bush site on the slope of a cliff. I was about 10m from it and I had to scan ten's of trees with no success...

Any chance you can search with a spare or friends craft.
I have read people have had success doing this.

Nice that it did not land in the water, hopefully someone recovers it.

I'm not seeing the coordinates in that picture you posted. What are they? I'm headed to that area in October, may be a fun day trip to try and find it if not found by then. As others have said, you should upload the text file to get a more precise location.

I'm not seeing the coordinates in that picture you posted. What are they? I'm headed to that area in October, may be a fun day trip to try and find it if not found by then. As others have said, you should upload the text file to get a more precise location.

Here it is again with the coordinates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170701-083901.png
    Screenshot_20170701-083901.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: OCTaconoob
It occurs to me that a useful thing to have in your bag would be a small thermal camera since the bird would be hot for quite some time after a flight.
I have one made by Seek Thermal that works pretty well and Flir makes portable units also. I think I'll start packing it with me.

Reactions: dwashy21
It occurs to me that a useful thing to have in your bag would be a small thermal camera since the bird would be hot for quite some time after a flight.
I have one made by Seek Thermal that works pretty well and Flir makes portable units also. I think I'll start packing it with me.

Excellent idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3