DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic mini mid air

Use satellite layer to see the la......
How does someone access the "satellite layer" please?

@NG Wildman, if you are sending your drone in I would ask them to check it first for a malfunction covered by warranty, I am assuming it is not under the 'extended care refresh' and thus still under 1 year old and covered by warranty.
Posting the logs is always a good idea but whether you have a DAT may depend on the controller, an RC1A will gennerate one but the RC1B does not, I do not know about the Smart Controller.

How does someone access the "satellite layer" please?

@NG Wildman, if you are sending your drone in I would ask them to check it first for a malfunction covered by warranty, I am assuming it is not under the 'extended care refresh' and thus still under 1 year old and covered by warranty.
Posting the logs is always a good idea but whether you have a DAT may depend on the controller, an RC1A will gennerate one but the RC1B does not, I do not know about the Smart Controller.
Its on the right side of the screen when looking at ant flight logs or the find my drone map. It seems better than the regular map that it defaults to

DAT or no DAT, I don't think the model of RC has to do with it as that's written by the app.
Unless the B version doesn't send the app enough details of the flight so the app doesn't produce it.

If it just vanished and the logs stopped at that point I would suspect that the battery came dislodged and it shut off and fell. That would be a logical guess. That or aliens. :)

Hey guys I found the drone it returned to home but a little off course thanks for your help. Only thing is it rained for a day when it was lost wish me luck!

Hey guys I found the drone it returned to home but a little off course thanks for your help. Only thing is it rained for a day when it was lost wish me luck!
If you post that data we can find out why it was off course so you can avoid having that happen again.

So where did it land on the map shown in your first post ? Perhaps the most disturbing is not why the drone went a bit off course but why disconnection occurred at just 35 meters from the home point at good height ....

Last edited:
If by "off course" it was a few feet from HP, that's normal. Mini doesn't have precision landing and GPS isn't perfect.

If by "off course" it was a few feet from HP, that's normal. Mini doesn't have precision landing and GPS isn't perfect.
Since the OP's started this thread because his drone "never came down or returned", it's highly unlikely that it was just a few feet from the home point.

Last edited:
Since the OP's started this thread because his drone "never came down or returned", it's highly unlikely that it was just a few feet from the home point.

It was a flew feet from the home point don’t know how I didn’t see it for 2 days it landed with the battery at 65 percent I tried reconnect a couple of time but it never did strange it wouldn’t beep either

It was a flew feet from the home point don’t know how I didn’t see it for 2 days it landed with the battery at 65 percent I tried reconnect a couple of time but it never did strange it wouldn’t beep either
Sounds like you don't really want to find out what actually happened?

Last edited:
Reactions: GolPesar
.... I tried reconnect a couple of time but it never did strange it wouldn’t beep either
Seems that some permanent fault has developed. May be you can get some clues from the color and blinking pattern of the light on the drone. There is probably nothing you can do other than sending it to DJI.

Try powering up without an SD card. A firmware update not long after release caused failure to fully initialize and link but worked with card removed. Likely logs/data files stored on the SD became incompatible and firmware didn't know what to do about it.

Reactions: Elevated Clipz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada