DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic mini mid air

Elevated Clipz

Reactions
I was flying my drone mid air when I hit the rth button. At 150 ft it lost connection and never came down or returned. I did have a weak signal but I was right under it. I check the flight log and it was powered at 72 percent. What should I do? IMG_3251.JPG. I went checking for it but I haven’t been able to find it?

Post your logs for the log Guru's...but if you were right under it, it auto landed like it is suppose to do where it was...any trees near you and it came down in them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Post your logs for the Mod Guru's...but if you were right under it, it auto landed like it is suppose to do where it was...any trees near you and it came down in them?

This may sound dumb but how do I do that? I found the site, and went into my files and I can see anything from my iPhone

This may sound dumb but how do I do that? I found the site, and went into my files and I can see anything from my iPhone
This is not a dumb question at all. I’m quite sure of the 124k members on this forum, there are others that would like to learn also. This is a teaching AND learning forum. I do not know how to do it, but it would be useful if I found myself with a need for it.

Someone will be along to help you out, without making you feel dumb. You’ve come to the right place for help.

Post your logs for the Mod Guru's...but if you were right under it, it auto landed like it is suppose to do where it was...any trees near you and it came down in them?

Only one tree near me at the time believe I’ve been looking up and down I went in mod guru and it say the exact same thing I had service until it was disconnected it’s like it turned off or flew away mid flight

If, as you say, your drone was only 150 ft away from the RC how did you lose signal?
This kind of thing sort of fills me with dread and lowers any confidence that I have in my AC.
I will follow your thread to see the eventual outcome and possible cause.

Thanks for the advice I did and it worked. Wasn’t able to find the drone there are no records past the mid air stoppage. Weird I will continue to look though
If you post your flight data here, someone might be able to spot something you didn't in the data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

If you post your flight data here, someone might be able to spot something you didn't in the data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Ok no problem

The drone was on it's way home from this direction. If the Google map is up-to-date, there is no obstacle so having weak signal at just 150 meters away is abnormal even if you are pointing the tip of the RC antenna to the drone. Anyway, I hope the flight log will tell something.

1606529244058.png

Don't give up looking for it. Use the find my drone function from the dji fly app. Use satellite layer to see the landscape better. Walk around to see yourself on the map as a blue dot and the drone should be a red arrow. Good luck

I was flying my drone mid air when I hit the rth button. At 150 ft it lost connection and never came down or returned. I did have a weak signal but I was right under it. I check the flight log and it was powered at 72 percent. What should I do? View attachment 117954. I went checking for it but I haven’t been able to find it?
Which version of the software are you using? The app?

Don't give up looking for it. Use the find my drone function from the dji fly app. Use satellite layer to see the landscape better. Walk around to see yourself on the map as a blue dot and the drone should be a red arrow. Good luck
He’s right on with this advice unless your battery died or somehow became disconnected from the AC. Best wishes and I really hope you find it.

He’s right on with this advice unless your battery died or somehow became disconnected from the AC. Best wishes and I really hope you find it.
Yes. The GPS location of the drone will be a coordinate number of latitude and longitude. It will mark the last location of the drone when you had battery. This however does not work well if someone pucks up your drone and moves it from that location. I have had to find my drone twice as there was a slight breeze to fly into and the drone was not going as fast.

Just a comment...a few days ago I was flying my M2P (about 80' away and 14' off the ground) when it gave me the disconnected message. It took off out of site where I did not fly it and then re-appeared a few minutes (seemed like hours) later. So I tried several time to connect with the AC. I even had time to shut off the controller and restart several times. It hovered in place just above roof that was about 20' away from the take off point. I should have taken off from a more open point, I know. But anyway it hovered until the battery shut down and it landed. I tried dragging with MM2 and lifting wire fishing rods to pull of the roof. I contacted a local drone svc who came over the next morning and tried to lift it with a Phantom 4...only enough lift to flip it upside down so it could slide off the roof (lol). I replaced a prop and flew it right away. It flew fine, but after hovering it started RTH. I canceled and landed immediately...point being I and the 2o operators that helped think the software probably needs to be updated or synced. I was going to update, but there is some distortion on the body and something rattling around inside....gonna try DJI Care refresh and see if they will replace. I do feel that there was a software conflict due to no accidents and no issues ever before. Anyway, good luck finding your drone and with repairs too.

Reactions: MavicAir2Hal
It flew fine, but after hovering it started RTH. I canceled and landed immediately...point being I and the 2 operators that helped think the software probably needs to be updated or synced.
I don't understand how they came to that decision.
Updating or synching flight data won't fix the problem (if there is a problem).
It would make more sense to find out if there really is a problem and what it might be.
Did this only happen one time or have you tested and found out it's a consistent issue?
I do feel that there was a software conflict due to no accidents and no issues ever before. Anyway, good luck finding your drone and with repairs too.
If the drone flew properly previously, there was no software conflict so why would there be now?
It sounds like everyone so far has been making random guesses.

I don't understand how they came to that decision.
Updating or synching flight data won't fix the problem (if there is a problem).
It would make more sense to find out if there really is a problem and what it might be.
Did this only happen one time or have you tested and found out it's a consistent issue?

If the drone flew properly previously, there was no software conflict so why would there be now?
It sounds like everyone so far has been making random guesses.
It kinda is a guess for my issue. I thought it may be the same as the OP. Mine happened a few times now since 3 days ago. There is damage, though from the retrieval. so I am sending it in for Refresh care. Posting the flight data may help the OP as you said.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya