DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone exploded in mid air

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a mini 3 pro though
Lewis, you are mistaken, the drone in your photo is NOT a mini 3 of any sort.
In post #65 I have shown you the shells of the earlier minis and the mini 3 pro, the differences are staring you right in the face. An explosion did not miraculously add bits from other drones to the remains of your drone
In post #65 I also suggested you look at the front left arm, the model number is printed on the front face.

Have you looked at or read post #65?

Numerous people had told your the wreckage is of an earlier mini, we are not mistaken.

@LewisJones can you post your TXT flight log here so we can take a look?

That is NOT a mini 3 of any sort.
It is was some form of the earlier two series of "mini" and it is not a mini 2, no front LED.
I suspect, from the shape of the battery holder corners, it was an SE of some sort but that is guess work.
Could he turn it over and show a photo of the top and the front of the arm for additional confirmation for those that have a Mini 3. I do not have one so I cannot comment on what it is. Just a thought.

Reactions: Torque
Could he turn it over and show a photo of the top and the front of the arm for additional confirmation for those that have a Mini 3
The TXT flight log will show the drone model. Since he already has the TXT flight log, it should be easy to share here.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The TXT flight log will show the drone model. Since he already has the TXT flight log, it should be easy to share here.
problem is even if the logs show that it was a Mini 3 pro ,that does not change the fact ,that the drone in his photo is not

No problem. I'd still like to take a look.
So would we all lol,
In post #50 I explained alternative possibilities to Lewis.

That post is a bit muddled because when started to write it I could not view the photo but before posting it the photo became visible, so I altered the contents of the post.
However I think it demonstrates how he could possibly recover the original via a sync or post the DAT and the Mini 3 Pro screen device DAT it readable.

Last edited:
P
Hello,
I was flying my DJI Mini 3 pro over the fields round the back of my house yesterday. I then got some warning on my screen about something to do with battery temperatures. My drone was about 350ft up and 500ft out (I could see it) when it just exploded. It was quick and it broke apart in mid air scattering debris over the field. I haven’t been able to find all the parts yet and haven’t found the battery. Only one of the prop arms and the gimble.

Anyone had any events like this. Know what happened?
Battery exploded

As a new owner of a Mini 3 Pro, I am certainly interested in the ultimate explanation here. But I have to say I am seriously impressed by the knowledge of the commenters (with visual aids!) who say this wreckage is not a Mini 3. This forum is an awesome resource. Imagine trying to sort this out on your own.

A picture of it on the ground where it was picked up would also help, even a picture of the site it no picture were taken before it was touched.

A picture of it on the ground where it was picked up would also help, even a picture of the site it no picture were taken before it was touched.
Actually that is a bad idea, see post #96

Last edited:
Imagine trying to sort this out on your own
That might have been easier in this case. We're 5 pages in at this point and the OP still hasn't shared the flight log.

Hi Lewis, do you know there is a member map available under the “Members” tab at the top of the page? Maybe take a look and see if there are any other members in your area who might have contributed a drone to that field. And who knows, maybe that Mini (not yours) was also shot out of the sky, with a shot severing an arm but with no other gunshot damage to the carcass you found. It looks like yours is still out there.

That might have been easier in this case. We're 5 pages in at this point and the OP still hasn't shared the flight log.
Yeah, but he just joined the forum yesterday.

@LewisJones
If you examine the rear of the battery compartment you may find a label with a serial number on it.
If so post your story on the DJI forum, though, for Heaven's sake do not claim that the wreckage of that photo is the wreckage of your drone, and PM one of the mods with the serial number you found, also explain why you are presenting the serial number.

Via that serial number ( I am not sure if it is the required serial number ) DJI may be able to contact the original owner of the drone.
However, since the original owner of the drone may have sold the drone DO NOT * tell DJI where you found the drone.
If you give DJI an email address where the original owner can contact you ( but create a new email address for this purpose, DO NOT use one that you usually use and DO NOT give the email address associated with your DJI account ) they, the original owner, might like the mSD card from the drone back or at least its imagery.
* Since the original owner may have sold the drone, meaning that the crash-pilot was not the original owner, I would ask the original owner to confirm where the drone was lost. If they can't then have no further contact.

With regards to the mSD card in the drone. If it is still there and if it works, have a look at the videos and photos on the card, if a few are grouped around a house etc. then that may be the crash-pilots home. If there are photos of that location then the photos' meta data will contain Lat & Long coordinates.

I addition, if the crashed drone is a Mavic mini have a look, in the card, in the folder MISC\LOG\flylog and you should find a file named fc.log.log.
That file is a DAT. @msinger can, from memory, 'play' with that DAT and extract the last flight flown, which might be interesting and or informative. I can extract the DAT but it takes age eith my ancient machines and I am nowhere near as good as Msinger at 'playing' with them.

I DO NOT know if either of the Mini SE create this fc.log.log . If they do create it I do not know if the file is decryptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbip57 and Drbobk
Are you saying that pic is from another post that's 7 months old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13