DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic mini

LukiDrone

Reactions
Hi Everyone a lot my mavic mini in a tree. The major issue as this was during a quickshot and I was not able to return to attitude mode.
The data from the logs is not accure, I'm not sure how reliable the data for height, gps and speed is.
Also from the video recording that I had from the mobile phone I'm not sure about the last location. The major issue is that the tree was near a lake with some vegetation. The lake is not so deep, maybe max 1,2mt. If someone could give me some feedback if I can trust on the gps or until the data is relaiable, would be very helpful, then I can start the search.

Link to airdata: here

Link to video: here

Crash at 1:40
Last image at 1:56

Could it be that the last image is underwater?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Yes, I did. I look on the tree branches and the trees around. The trees are without leafs, this easy the search. The crash was quite Hard as I heard it for some time fighting with the branches as it was in quickshoot mode. When I move to try to find it I was with the impression the it kept in the tree...

I think you flew it into and while you where looking at the lake, the mini has no sensors

It hit the tree on the right, and then fell to the ground:

View attachment 97629

Doesn't look like it should be in the water.

View attachment 97630
Thanks, I had the same impression when I saw it in google earth, butit did not show the gps data with negative height... The thing is that after fighting with the tree branches The altitude sensor and gps where not accure any more, is it possible that after falling the motores remain running and change the falling path? Because under the tree was very clean ground and it was not there...

Thanks, I had the same impression when I saw it in google earth, butit did not show the gps data with negative height... The thing is that after fighting with the tree branches The altitude sensor and gps where not accure any more, is it possible that after falling the motores remain running and change the falling path? Because under the tree was very clean ground and it was not there...

How close to the tree is the ground vegetation that is visible in GE?

1585686487011.png

In that case I think someone picked it up.
That is plausible... Even in Switzerland where people normaly return things that don't belong them... But even so, I got stollen an e-bike... ? Fortunally for the E-Bike I had insurance... Not for the drone... Lesson learn: first insurance including crash and flyaway.

I would extend the search area to within the red oval ... after looking at your clip you go down looking at the shadowy side of the trees (the sun direction nearly as those in GE) ... and the trees form an arc (the green in the pic)

1585688191211.png

I would extend the search area to within the red oval ... after looking at your clip you go down looking at the shadowy side of the trees (the sun direction nearly as those in GE) ... and the trees form an arc (the green in the pic)

View attachment 97652
You're absoluty right, I was trying to decode that last image, but with some doubts, now Its more clear. I did not want to try out without some guidlines to not disturb to mutch the birds (ducks, swans) nearby. Since this is a public place I need to be as mutch as possible discret on my search otherwise someone can call the police and I can have a fine.

You're absoluty right, I was trying to decode that last image, but with some doubts, now Its more clear. I did not want to try out without some guidlines to not disturb to mutch the birds (ducks, swans) nearby. Since this is a public place I need to be as mutch as possible discret on my search otherwise someone can call the police and I can have a fine.
Are you not allowed to fly in the park or is it a social distancing thing that will get you a fine?

It looks like it crashed pretty close to you. If you then spent 3 hours searching and couldn’t find it there’s a good chance no one has stumbled upon it yet but who knows. I’d try the red area as well. Did you have your contact info on the drone?

Good luck in your search!

Are you not allowed to fly in the park or is it a social distancing thing that will get you a fine?

It looks like it crashed pretty close to you. If you then spent 3 hours searching and couldn’t find it there’s a good chance no one has stumbled upon it yet but who knows. I’d try the red area as well. Did you have your contact info on the drone?

Good luck in your search!

No, nothing with the social distance and flying, is about nature protection and don't mess with the natural habitat of the ducks and swans. The bush part on the water has some nests and I need to be careful not to destroy it will searching the drone. the bushes have around 2 mt/6.5 ft high and quite dense.

Thank you @slup for the clues.

I've been at the location today for a short time and took some pictures to what can be the location from the last video frame.

Then I search on the vegetation on the red spot.

So far no luck...

My goal now is to identify the location of the last frame, I need you guidance for this:

Last 1: IMG_20200401_071600.jpg
Last 2: IMG_20200401_072141.jpg
Last 3: IMG_20200401_072332.jpg
Crashing tree: IMG_20200401_072355.jpg

For me the "Last 3" is the one more close to it, I'll soon adjust go back adjust the location and the angle to figure out more....

Another question that I have, is it possible the last video feed from it, it was allready on the ground? when I play the video frame by frame the image change a bit on the sky but not the tree branches...

exploration_for_possible_location.png

In blue the searched location today.
Dot red the location of the pictures....

Thank you for the help...

Yeah ... I think the last frames from the cached video stream was from ground level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98