DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic on atti mode

Reactions: DCatalo and Callum
Hey Dragonfly, what are those blue things on the bottom of your Mav? Im thinking they are home made floats, they look interesting.......I know Im getting off topic. lol.....Its the Gemini in me!!

First I want to say im sorry this happened to you, and I hope you find it or it gets returned. I think they should remove atti mode. I have somewhere around 75 flying hours in between 4 DJI drones and theres nothing more scary than atti mode. I am comfortable in vision mode if need be but atti mode always leads to some sort of problem, and that normally gets expensive!! This is why I stopped being inpatient and wait for gps signal to catch up so I know how strong of a signal I have. I won't fly at whatever place I am if its atti mode ( and im addicted to flying so its not easy to walk away) . though the one thing I have done is I have my name and number on my drone and batteries just in case. Im going to get a tracking device for all my drones soon.

ATTI mode is a failsafe, the GPS service is not a guaranteed service and its reliability can be affected by various things. If the drone computer cannot resolve GPS & Compass data it will switch to ATTI mode. It will always favor compass heading data over GPS. Personally I think its a shame that DJI removed the ATTI mode switch that was on the Phantoms/Inspires etc as there is a special skill involved in flying ATTI mode, which quite often can save your drone.

In the UK, to get your CAA License you HAVE to demonstrate your ability flying in ATTI mode, so not sure how the Mavic could be used to gain this license. Tin foil maybe?

ATTI mode is a failsafe, the GPS service is not a guaranteed service and its reliability can be affected by various things. If the drone computer cannot resolve GPS & Compass data it will switch to ATTI mode. It will always favor compass heading data over GPS. Personally I think its a shame that DJI removed the ATTI mode switch that was on the Phantoms/Inspires etc as there is a special skill involved in flying ATTI mode, which quite often can save your drone.

In the UK, to get your CAA License you HAVE to demonstrate your ability flying in ATTI mode, so not sure how the Mavic could be used to gain this license. Tin foil maybe?
I understand what ATTi mode is for, I just don't like how it changes on its own. I think it should at least go to visual before it goes to atti because at least you would be warned before it switches. For example, the Phantom 4 has the ability to flip a switch to atti mode. whereas the Mavic it just switches on its own. I have flown in Atti mode and its fine as long as its not windy and you have enough space. Im currently studying for my commercial license in Florida and I haven't seen anything about flying in Atti mode....yet

Hey Dragonfly, what are those blue things on the bottom of your Mav? Im thinking they are home made floats, they look interesting.......I know Im getting off topic. lol.....Its the Gemini in me!!
Yes they are water recovery system floats. The .Stl files were designed by Noel and I designed the noodle floats.
2ba1f4f69174fdf8923f88d6ef320237.jpg

I understand what ATTi mode is for, I just don't like how it changes on its own. I think it should at least go to visual before it goes to atti because at least you would be warned before it switches. For example, the Phantom 4 has the ability to flip a switch to atti mode. whereas the Mavic it just switches on its own. I have flown in Atti mode and its fine as long as its not windy and you have enough space. Im currently studying for my commercial license in Florida and I haven't seen anything about flying in Atti mode....yet

I beleive all DJI drones will fall back to ATTI mode if the is an issue with either the compass or the GPS, my Phantom 3 & my Inspire will switch to ATTI should the GPS becomes degraded (flying in thick woodland) or large metal structures. With these drones the switch allows you to switch it into ATTI if needs be. It is handy to be able to just switch to ATTI so it doesn’t do it unexpectedly. As I said it’s a failsafe of the navigation system in the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90