DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Shield, what should I get?

capt._dan

Reactions
Unfortunately I have lost my Nvidia Shield. I traveled with it several weeks ago and have not been able to find it since. My guess is I left it in a hotel.

Oh well. Since they are no longer available I guess I need to find something different. I have never owned an apple product but guess I wouldn't rule it out if there is an advantage to it over an Android. The size of the Shield was great and I have a mav mount for that size of tablet.

The one issue I didn't care for with the shield was the fact when you turned it to landscape you couldn't see the screen if you had on polarized sunglasses. Craziest thing was it was fine in portrait orientation. No problems with the polarized sunglasses.

I am looking for something in the same price range and quality of product as the Shield. I found the Shield on Amazon for $200. Hope there is something out there comparable that y'all have been happy with.

Thanks for the help.

Ipad mini 4, for something in the small form factor, it also slides into the controller perfectly without the mav mount, but works well with that too

Reactions: JMF
iPad Air 2
About twice weight of the Shield and 1 1/2" taller and 1" wider.
I have both and both work well.
My old eyes prefer the ipad but I really like the Shield (has always preformed well)
iPad Air 2 16G go used on ebay for around $200 wifi and $250 cellular.
The air 2 seems to offer a bit more battery life than the Shield although both are reasonable.

And dam it, you got me looking for my Shield and I cant find it.
I got to clean up around here.

My nexus 7 2013 works flawlessly (second hand ebay will be cheap).
I've just bought a Huawei Mediapad M3 and that's also working perfectly with the added advantage i can read the screen with polarised sunglasses on.

Craziest thing was it was fine in portrait orientation. No problems with the polarized sunglasses..

Hardly crazy - thats exactly how polarisation works. It blocks light at certain angles between lens and subject only. Something 90%+ of people using CPL filters with the mavic also fail to understand and fail to adjust pre flight.

I have an Asus Zenpad 10.1" Android 6.0 tablet with 2gb ram and 64gb storage I bought to use as a dedicated device for flying my Mavic since my Samsung S6 Active phone showed some lag and was just too small to use. Not only does it work perfectly with the Mavic but I've also been using it for general usage and have not had any lag or any other issues. Picked mine up on Amazon in used but like-new condition for $180 so it's in your price range, and it's not an Apple product so you'll have plenty of app options without breaking the bank on proprietary software.

-Joe

I was never an Apple fan, but my iPad4 Mini with cellular has been excellent with the Mavic.

Thanks guys. I have looked a little into the Zenpad and will look into the iPad mini. My daughter has the mini that I may try and see if I like it.

I also like to use it to surf the web and forums along with pulling up my Google calendar when planning out my week. Keeps me from having to switch back and forth between windows on my computer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nilesh