DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal and lost M2P

Personally, I won’t put buildings between myself and my drone. Most houses these days have WiFi at home, and since the OP flew his drone around the town, I think he put a lot of interference between his RC and drone. In the suburbs, I already get signal interference warnings flying less than 1 mile away, especially close to buildings. But I’ve also flown 8.6km away in open space for from buildings and still had strong signals.
It's pretty clear that the problem was not reduced range or interference.
Chances are that the drone lost power and fell from the sky.

It's pretty clear that the problem was not reduced range or interference.
Chances are that the drone lost power and fell from the sky.
I was just answering the other posters question. It was a valid explanation for signal interference at shorter distance. Then again, it can’t be ruled out for this scenario, though unlikely. OP said he throttled up cos he thought he was getting interference. Also strange that throttle up would pop the battery out, as opposed to sudden throttle down.
Possibly another source of interference appeared like someone else had a different drone with a much stronger RC transmitter. But that I digress.

Hi everybody,
After reading this thread and analyzing the data file, I came to the conclusion that the drone had disconnected the battery - power loss and the drone crashed. According to the photo I saw, finding a gray MAVIC in such vegetation is almost impossible.

Reactions: Meta4
guys reading in the forums I came across an interesting discussion. I think it is not a mavic 2 but reading I saw that when the drone loses the signal during a POI the drone does not activate the failsafe but continues with the POI up to the critical battery level! can anyone give me some answers on this phenomenon in mavic 2? if so it would change everything and I would have searched in vain in a position where it should not be found. I put the link of the discussion. thanks again to everyone

Reactions: Alexandermj
Hi everyone! I saw this thread and I find it very interesting! it is very important for all burials if our drone loses the signal during a POI or waypoints does not return to the home point anymore. Does the mavic 2 pro work like this?
I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you find your MP2.

Hi everyone,
One thing is not clear to me. If the drone flies in Activtrack mode, will it not switch to RTH when the signal is lost?

Second thing: mission - POI: The drone should stick to the points. In the Litchi app it works perfectly and I never thought he could fly away ... In the settings I have chosen to strictly hold POIs even if they lose the signal ... ie. if he completes the mission he is to return to the starting point.
Thanks.

Hi everyone, this is the first one I write here unfortunately due to an accident. I've been despairing for days without finding a solution! I hope some of you are kind enough to give me some advice!
I am or rather I was a mavic 2 pro owner, I was flying and everything went perfectly, as I also verified from the logs, when at a certain point the mavic suddenly lost the signal without even giving me a weak signal warning! I was not worried when I lost the signal because I was confident in an RTH also because the drone was 180 meters above the highest obstacle. The problem is that the mavic has never done any RTH. I waited a long time and when I realized that the drone was no longer returning, without turning off the radio control, I moved to favorable positions to resume the signal but this has no longer happened. It is as if he died at some point without having more news! Do any of you have any idea what could have happened? I have been looking for mavic for days but without being able to find it! I have already contacted DJI support which, unfortunately, if I can't find the drone, they can't cover me under warranty. They only offered me a discount! thank you all in advance, I hope to solve the problem thanks to your help. I'm really desperate
I had same problem near the sea.
The previous day I had a GPS problem because it couldn't receive more than 4 sats. After severals reboots the M2P received 18 sats... All clear Horizon.
The next day, last 29 Dic. I flew the M2P over my position because the previous day GPS problem... After 5 minutes flying I had a suddently disconnect and the M2P satart to go to the sea, and then start to lose high...
I rebooted the RC and the connection returned... indicativo landing... I got control and could land correctly very afraid...
When I read the log, i could see the RC connection and GPS satellites at the M2P drop down at the same time, when i could return the control, the GPS sats sincronized at M2P was 0... the it couldn't RTH, it move to the sea (i don't know why) and RTH without GPS sats may be vertical landing...
I no longer fly calmly my M2P... many disconnections since I brougth it... and last problems are too much...

If you lose GPS, there are two other modes of operation. VPS which is downward sensors which can get fooled over water. If VPS fails, turned off or you're too high for it, then all that's left is ATTI. In ATTI, there's no position hold and subject to wind drift.

guys reading in the forums I came across an interesting discussion. I think it is not a mavic 2 but reading I saw that when the drone loses the signal during a POI the drone does not activate the failsafe but continues with the POI up to the critical battery level! can anyone give me some answers on this phenomenon in mavic 2? if so it would change everything and I would have searched in vain in a position where it should not be found. I put the link of the discussion. thanks again to everyone

Hello to all guys. Could anyone answer this question? It would be interesting to know if our MP2 is not returning if it is doing a POI. Thanks anyway

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot