Lost Signal While Flying Mavic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro1

Reactions
What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
What should I do?
Are you looking for a cause? Or what? We can take a look at your flight data if that is what you are asking.

Are you looking for a cause? Or what? We can take a look at your flight data if that is what you are asking.

Any advice is appreciated. So far I have checked rooftops in the area in person and with another drone. I checked all of the trees in the area. Now I am getting ready to call DJI and my next thing is the police. I have never had my drone disconnect like this, so I really hope DJI is willing to work with me.

seems like click bait to me he is waiting for us to comment on where he was flying just my opinion

I checked all of the trees in the area.
Upload your .txt flight log from the flight here and we can give you at least an approximation of location via GE. This may require the .dat log as well. If you have not done this before, you can see this link for instructions to locate the file. You can directly upload the file here or to Phantom Help and place a link back. Airdata will also work.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

seems like click bait to me he is waiting for us to comment on where he was flying just my opinion
Similar thoughts here, but willing to give the benifit of the doubt. If the logs are provided, that will answer that question.

Reactions: old man mavic
Similar thoughts here, but willing to give the benifit of the doubt. If the logs are provided, that will answer that question.
that's fair enough i hope it turns out to be real time will tell

Reactions: Fly Dawg
***Link removed by ADMIN***

What should I do?

Now you knew better to fly between buildings at a long distance no less, your a well seasoned pilot.

This is one of those amazing videos that can cause more harm than good , maybe best to fade away in
all its glory and lay it to rest and get a new drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my thought as well. Obviously the flying is illegal, but who loses a drone and then posts a video that's been edited and has music only two hours later?

Reactions: old man mavic
Calling the Police might not be your best option. If you number is in the Drone and someone has finds it you may just get it back.It may be somewhere not so obvious and is still undiscovered. if someone got hurt it would be all over the news.

Notify the Police in case they have a report on it instead of them wasting their time trying to determine the owner. Not everyone is going to know to remove the battery to find the phone #.

Otherwise they are going to use the FAA#, contact the FAA, have them track the number, and then try to make contact. You could save time, efforts, and man power letting them know you lost your aircraft and in what general area.

Hmmm...Well it is looking like @old man mavic may have been correct. Looking at the video, obviously the OP edited out the location of signal loss. The same exact scene is at the beginning and the end. I know exactly where that is....just sayin.

That was my thought as well. Obviously the flying is illegal, but who loses a drone and then posts a video that's been edited and has music only two hours later?
someone trying to get a reaction from the forum

It's legal to fly there and I make a lot of videos. By getting it up within 2 hours another flyer was able to contact me and meet me downtown and help me look with his drone. (The Drone Guy on YouTube).

I didn't edit anything out, in the screenshot that is my last location, the video was saving to my phone and that is where the transmission ended...

If anyone finds it I will gladly reward them, I encourage anyone to look for it, I have heavily searched the area.

Also, I removed some accidental cuss words from my video, it will be back when the edit finishes.

Notify the Police in case they have a report on it instead of them wasting their time trying to determine the owner. Not everyone is going to know to remove the battery to find the phone #.

Otherwise they are going to use the FAA#, contact the FAA, have them track the number, and then try to make contact. You could save time, efforts, and man power letting them know you lost your aircraft and in what general area.

Will do

Reactions: Bigdz

No kidding. If one hasn’t lost DJI signal, one hasn’t flown a DJI bird.

OP needs to add more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S