DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost vision because of camera error and crashed my drone

Yes, anything like that.
There could be drainage channels under the road? from those few buildings opposite the trees!
..also agree with flying over moving traffic ain't smart or safe!

Reactions: Ctrlx
Yes, anything like that.
There could be drainage channels under the road? from those few buildings opposite the trees!
..also agree with flying over moving traffic ain't smart or safe!

Yes there're drainage channels under the road and yes you're right, it wouldn't be smart and safe when there where any vehicles I flew over.
Edit: this is the road that connects city with highway which is still under construction so there's nearly no trafic in the evenings.

Last edited:
Yes there're drainage channels under the road /QUOTE]

I think this is mainly the reason you should not fly in built-up areas.
Concrete (if in the drainage channels is often laced with metal) and all those lights must have some big cables to provide power creating havoc for the positioning and electronics that rely on the craft to stay in the air (at least where it's controllable)

I'm not sure why the video failed, but there seem to be quite a few reports of that happening with Android devices. Anyway, there is no evidence of a gimbal problem - according to the data the gimbal was stable until impact, and then just largely followed the aircraft movements:

attitude.png

gimbal.png

Looks like some kind of issue with the mobile device, followed by a crash due to loss of FPV and no direct visual contact with the aircraft. I doubt that DJI will accept any responsibility for that.

I agree with Cymruflyer hey 370 meters away in the dark noway you can see that drone, even in daylight you can't see it that far away. sorry your fault.

I sent my drone to DJI. I'll write here what judgment they made ;-)

Terms of services DJI:
3. Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.

Coverage excluded. Good luck with that.

You Suspected something was wrong and decided to test it by flying far away, over cars and at night. Where is your situational awareness?

sorry for your crash but you lost vision in the app you said. Losing vision does not cause losing control. Since it was dark you lost the drone out of sight and could not control it anymore? your flight data screenrecording shows speeds not even close to flying in sport mode. it does show however and ultrasonic failure and warning to land right away. it does not quite add up what went wrong here. Secondly you allready knew you had a faulty drone and yet you decided to fly at night above a highway which is forbidden by the way. You took quite a risk over there. Could have went pretty wrong out there crashing the drone through somebodies windscreen. I doubt that dji will help you in that case. Good luck and fly safe.

Why is it forbidden to fly above a highway?
Please quote the law reference and your country.

Why is it forbidden to fly above a highway?
Please quote the law reference and your country.
Forbidden or not, it is stupid to fly above a highway. Can you think why possibly, assuming you are a responsible and safety minded flyer?

Sorry for your crash. I have been there. I have to point out though, that a camera, or lack thereof, did NOT cause your crash. You may want to learn to fly the drone using the instruments and information displayed on the monitor. A camera is a luxury and not needed to control a drone. Your monitor shows you your position, flight direction, speed, altititude and all you need to know. I crashed my 1st Mavic and broke the camera off. I flew it without a camera for 20 hours before having it fixed. The camera adds a dimension of fun and infinite posibilities for exploring. However a lack of camera cannot cause a crash.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman