DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Mavic's being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

I fly my MP zero issues this "bird" is the word zero complaints

I have had two flawless Mavics

It's a buyers' market, or hadn't you heard. 400ft is high enough for me and the neatest NFZ is a mile away, so I don't have a problem. Then I'm just droning for the fun of it. You won't be happy until the constitution gets amended to give you the right to fly drones.

Not sure what it's like round your neck of the woods but where I come from (London England) I have noticed a significant rise in the amount of used Mavic's being sold. On Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree etc a lot of people are selling.

Do you think people are getting fed up with the issues/updates/headaches etc?.

I have to admit for the first time in eight months since owning mine the thought of another update this week fills me with dread. They always work eventually, but it always takes a couple of attempts, then you have to re-input all your settings etc. Then what are the chances of issues with the new software? Mine was fine until the last update then I started having the odd disconnection, drift and error messages. I really hope with the constant DJI hijacking, threat of legislation and reduced flying capability this hobby doesn't become more trouble than its worth.

I would think that, yes, in countries like the UK and the USA, if you add up the general, unfounded, public sentiment regarding drone operations to idiotic restrictions (...the true idiotic ones, mind you...) and to the uncertainty DJI has introduced about not knowing if, after having carried the drone for hundreds of miles, one will actually be able to launch it upon reaching the destination, many users in those countries will find it best to disinvest in such a limited hobby.

The only reason I am not also considering it is because, living in Portugal, I still have a lot of good spots I can use the drone in.

I have, though, already almost fully gave up on one of the vectors I've bought my drone for and the reason I waited over 4 years for something like the Mavic to come along: To carry along in my photography backpack on trips.

I simply cannot use precious space on my photography backpack for the Mavic and accessories only to find out it won't even takeoff once I reach the destination. :(

MK

I simply cannot use precious space on my photography backpack for the Mavic and accessories only to find out it won't even takeoff once I reach the destination. :(

MK

Jesus wept, all you need to do is check the NFZ map!

Those selling were probably the ones caught up in the frenzy of buying one when it was scarce. Either that or they've had their fill and are making room for the next best holiday season product.

literally millions and millions of these have been sold. If you've seen several dozen for sale, it means nothing. Alot of people buy cameras and realize they are not phootgraphers and the hobby isn't for them. I think that number would be higher for drones.

Reactions: BigDuke6ixx
I think this comment is priceless, "I live near an airport, so close I can't even low fly the MP "like I can my other birds which don't have any restrictions imposed by the manufacturer" And we wonder why we have restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots