DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Mavic's being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of mavics being sold has increased by 1000% compared to this time last year.
That's because it wasn't on the market this time last year.
Of course there are a lot more mavics being sold now: there are simply a lot more mavics out there.
It's simple math.
The number of used units will continue to increase as the number of new units sold increases.
No mystery here.
It has nothing to do with the firmware/updates/issues or any other aspect of the mavic, positive or negative.

Stop with all that common sense , you're starting to confuse people !

I say good, they can't fly where they want then sell them. More good deals for those of us that do. I fly mine where I want, the difference is where I want is not where I'm not suppose to.

Welcome to the free market. People sell used stuff for many reasons but I would guess that the majority is because they don't use it enough or because they want something better/newer.

We, here, are curious, somehow technical users that get bothered by DJI restrictions and failures but it doesn't stop us from flying. I don't think that most people are even aware of it enough to preventing them from using it or selling for that reason.

Even with all the restrictions and constraints, it is still a very nice and useful equipment to play with.

You cannot beat this technology this drone really is incredible

I think that the MP isnt the type of drone a lot of people really want. For me the MP is a camera that happens to fly. Whereas people actually want a racer or a really durable flyer for ripping. Once they figure out how expensive and inconvenient it is to repair the MP they want to sell it.

I didn't buy a Mavic to experience the motion sickness of ripping. I have watch FPV vids and if I tried that myself I'm pretty sure I would have simultaneously barfed while slamming the drone into a wall at 60 mph. Amazing the way they fly but it's not for everyone.

Reactions: Robbyg
The constant update notices run some people crazy. I'm one of them!:D It turns into a game of "should I stay,or should I go"? With the hidden features (for DJI's benefit,not the users) that seem to be included with the updates,but are left out of the mentioned improvments of the update!:rolleyes: Then there are people that just want to fly,and not be constantly fiddling with updates! DJI is really good at "planting" a seed of doubt,in the back of your mind(Head Game),by keeping you in the dark,as to if you "really" need to update or not? Reminds me of the old show "Lost in Space" and the robot saying "Danger,Danger,Will Robinson"! LOL! I took my old Q500 4K out for a spin tonight. Did it fly as well as the mp? NO! But it also didn't constantly remind me I was flying in a "unpaved runway" airport zone,or I had "Strong Wind Velocity",or stop flying at 250AGL,giving me a warning I was about to run into the setting sun! LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbyg
Being sold on by terrorists who find all the restrictions a bit of a pain.

Reactions: 4wd
Wow the brunette kinda looks like Steve Tyler in drag !!!

You've just created a micro aggression! There is an insulted person somewhere!
(See, progressives, I'm getting the hang of this political correctness stuff)

Another reason the Mavics used market seems to be increasing (besides larger pie size) is that Mavic owners now have another choice (the Spark), which will naturally peel off some Mavic owners.

The constant update notices run some people crazy. I'm one of them!:D It turns into a game of "should I stay,or should I go"? With the hidden features (for DJI's benefit,not the users) that seem to be included with the updates,but are left out of the mentioned improvments of the update!:rolleyes: Then there are people that just want to fly,and not be constantly fiddling with updates! DJI is really good at "planting" a seed of doubt,in the back of your mind(Head Game),by keeping you in the dark,as to if you "really" need to update or not? Reminds me of the old show "Lost in Space" and the robot saying "Danger,Danger,Will Robinson"! LOL! I took my old Q500 4K out for a spin tonight. Did it fly as well as the mp? NO! But it also didn't constantly remind me I was flying in a "unpaved runway" airport zone,or I had "Strong Wind Velocity",or stop flying at 250AGL,giving me a warning I was about to run into the setting sun! LOL!
You really need to unshackle your MP and then disconnect into the peace and quiet of airplane mode with no Chicom nagging.

I purchased mine a couple months ago on Craigslist. Of the three for sale they all stated they only flew a few times and loved it but couldn’t justify it sitting around un used. I get it. You live in a suburb and can’t fly much so sell it to get most of your investment back.

Seen a few "just back from repair, as new with care refresh"
mine is currently away for repair as the update to 900 killed the core board (was one that wouldn't go past 550 until 900 killed it)

Social Stigma? Anti Social? It's a flying camera! I don't understand your post at all!
I was at the beach filming the sunset, and there were tourists yelling at me to stop so they could hear the waves and birds. I understood their complaint, you spend thousands to go on a vacation, to relax and take in the tranquility, then you have to listen to a drone's props.

Seen a few "just back from repair, as new with care refresh"
mine is currently away for repair as the update to 900 killed the core board (was one that wouldn't go past 550 until 900 killed it)

Killed it? How does that happen?

Social Stigma? Anti Social? It's a flying camera! I don't understand your post at all!
People are not always particularly rational. I was at a garden party last night and asked the hosts ahead of time if I could bring my drone to get some footage of their incredible yard. They wholeheartedly agreed. While I was flying a women came up yelling at me telling me it was "horribly invasive". She had a DSLR hanging around her neck and was shooting pictures of the group. I was mainly shooting the yard. So yes, there is a stigmata to flying a drone. As an aside, another person at the party saw my Mavic and got on his phone and ordered one through Amazon Prime.

Reactions: Dronewerkz
People are not always particularly rational. I was at a garden party last night and asked the hosts ahead of time if I could bring my drone to get some footage of their incredible yard. They wholeheartedly agreed. While I was flying a women came up yelling at me telling me it was "horribly invasive". She had a DSLR hanging around her neck and was shooting pictures of the group. I was mainly shooting the yard. So yes, there is a stigmata to flying a drone. As an aside, another person at the party saw my Mavic and got on his phone and ordered one through Amazon Prime.
There's at least ONE idiot at every party! Looks like you found her! LOL!

Reactions: Dronewerkz
was on 550 tried putting 600, 700 & 800 on and kept failing 73% I think
900 did the same twice but the 3rd time got to 86% and stayed there until battery went flat
After that no connection to RC or PC just a yellow flashing light
Killed it? How does that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS