DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Video - What to do with it now?

Rod NCHRST

Reactions
It's time I learned the video editing side of my flying enjoyment. I haven't any experience in video editing, understand audio/video, software, time using software is the best way to learn it etc. Any recommendations for an intuitive, easy to learn video editing software (free is good)? Intent is to create shorter, non commercial, share-able flight videos, with audio, relatively easy, upload by youtube or other suggested ways to share via email etc. Thanks guys. I'm a Spark to Mavic Pro 2 pilot, still like flying the Spark for short duration fun, but my MP2 is my go to aircraft ... probably like most who own both.
email is [email protected]

Reactions: glockman27
@Rod NCHRST - I think you will find the recommendations given will be based on the program the poster likes to use. Many of the editing programs have similar features. It's like buying a car - are you a Chevy or Ford person - they both do the job.

Personally I use VSDC. HERE is a link to their web. They offer both a free or paid version and there are a ton of YT videos on using it. They also offer videos on how to use the program. HERE is a link to their tutorials.

Good luck with which ever one you choose

If you have a Mac iMovie is simple . Non Mac I’d go for wondershares Filmora

iMovie is a good start to learn some basics, so too even just the Editor in the DJI Go4 or Fly apps.
Cropping, transitions, text, basic music (which can also be done when uploading to YouTube).

I've been using a combination of those two for several years now, still haven't gone on to another option ?

A couple of possibly more advanced editors I have considered for next stage, are Openshot (have this free on my desktop, but mostly edit still on my iPad (mini4) . . . and for the iPad, I think I've narrowed it down to Lumafusion, based on the many (many) editor threads I have read posted on the forum.
A low cost option from the app store.

Reactions: Thomas B
If you have a Mac iMovie is simple . Non Mac I’d go for wondershares Filmora
I second the iMovie recommendation on a Mac. It’s free (comes with all Macs) and is easy to use powerful software.

Reactions: Thomas B
I use Davinci Resolve, the free version. Sure it looks complicated to start with but there are hundreds of "how to" videos on Utube. Also some good instruction publications on the DR web site. Video editing is as much an art as a science but the more you do the better you will get. The current lock down is a great time to get started.

I'm trying to figure out Davinci Resolve, I can absolutely confirm it looks very complicated. Hoping to figure out the basics soon enough with it though.

The challenge is understanding the interface. You can configure that multiple ways. Many YouTube videos show different interface look/feel which adds to confusion.

hugely powerful and free though if you can take the time to get to grips with it ...

Reactions: naiku
Very, very basic, but can create on YouTube also. And have access to their music library.

When I was young, many, many years ago, it was the ultimate revenge to the family to invite them for a night of "holliday slides", showing them all the slides you made. No one really enjoyed it, the obligatory "ohh..." and "ahh.." and "wonderfull" were acompanied by bad wine and even worst fingerfood.

If you have anyone you want to take revenge on today, you might consder them inviting them to view all your drone-footage, unedited ofcourse.

Some pretty cool things you can do with iMovie. I pick all my best shots of the day. make a small to medium video, then delete everything. Otherwise you will have some pretty full hard drives very quickly! I select the real good stuff and store it on external drive. My Mac has over 60 gig just in drone shots from February. ! Time to clean a bunch out!

It's time I learned the video editing side of my flying enjoyment. I haven't any experience in video editing, understand audio/video, software, time using software is the best way to learn it etc. Any recommendations for an intuitive, easy to learn video editing software (free is good)? Intent is to create shorter, non commercial, share-able flight videos, with audio, relatively easy, upload by youtube or other suggested ways to share via email etc. Thanks guys. I'm a Spark to Mavic Pro 2 pilot, still like flying the Spark for short duration fun, but my MP2 is my go to aircraft ... probably like most who own both.
email is [email protected]
If you are an Apple guy I would go with iMovie or final cut pro . iMovie is free final cut pro is $300. If you are a windows guy there are many editors out there to pick from you just have to do a little research

I'm trying to figure out Davinci Resolve, I can absolutely confirm it looks very complicated. Hoping to figure out the basics soon enough with it though.
I’m still learning it too.. if u figure something out give me some pointers.. what device are you using it on? Mine is a MacBook Air

I’m still learning it too.. if u figure something out give me some pointers.. what device are you using it on? Mine is a MacBook Air

Will do, I'm using it on a desktop PC. I'll look that guy up on Instagram as well. Thanks.

I use Davinci Resolve free edition for windows, had started a half year ago and now use it like pro:). For Mac is iMovie probably best free solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman