DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loud motor

reddsektor

Reactions
Hi, I recently purchased a Mini 2. I crashed it the 2nd day, but I received a replacement thru Refresh. It’s a different unit (serial number), and I’ve noticed it’s louder than my original one was. I can definitively hear the front right left propeller motor is louder than the other 3; it also turns with slightly more resistance compared to the other 3 when doing it by hand, and the gap of the motor housing is seated ever so slightly higher than the other 3.
I called DJI, and they said do a firmware update/refresh flash on the drone thru Assistant 2, but it’s already updated. It flies fine though.

anyone else notice this issue on their drone?

DJI doesn’t repair a drone under Refresh. They replace the unit.
You should have a year to get the problem fixed from the time they sent the drone even w/o Regresh. If you check, you’ll find the new serial registerred on your refresh policy

Personally, I'd send it back again. Shouldn't count against your refresh this time. It should be perfect and quiet that's why you bought it in the first place. IMO good luck.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City. You have a issue with a motor, I own two MP's, I try to detect which motor is different by simply hand turning the motor shells with my finger. If you have some foreign obstruction in the motor, or a bearing problem you will feel a additional vibration as the shells are turned. I also take a temp check with a laser temp gun, while the motors are idling, to see if all of them are the same temp.
So, if you can get another one, with no extra cost go for it.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d