DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love my MP Platinum

DiggerNZ

Reactions
Hi all. Just like to say I have been reading from this forum for a while whilst waiting for my Mavic Pro Platinum and have found the information contained on here very helpful. I own an Inspire2 as well but just received my MPP two days ago. I can honestly say at first I was almost disappointed at it's little size and construction but that all changed once I got it into the air. I know already that I will be putting a lot of hours on this very quickly as it is a joy to fly. I purchased the full cage that surround the blades as well and flew it inside with my DJI goggles and stopped freaking out within minutes. However,a note to myself. Disable the cage in use setting when removed!!!! Got a bit hairy but the cunning wee thing had a prompt pop up asking if I wanted to disengage the cage setting which I promptly accepted. Anyway thanks to all that participate in this forum as it helps people like me anticipate any problems that may arise and feeling like a global community member.

Wow, I don't feel comfortable with the thought of flying my MPP inside (maybe you have very large rooms). Maybe if I had a Spark. If those ever drop down to about $200, I'll buy one just to play around with.

I love my MPP as well. Flight time is awesome, and much quieter than the MP I had before. There are a few other cool drones out there, but I can't see ever really using them if I had them. The MPP is just too portable not to always have with me wherever I go.

I tried the goggles, but HATED them. Besides the fact that they are too big to take with me everywhere I go, I couldn't get stable enough flight to have usable footage. For some reason, even though I would keep my head perfectly still, the MPP was interpreting that I was shaking my head. I sent those things back. I have no doubt though that glasses are the future of piloting drones (something more along the line of the Epson glasses). I figure I'll probably have a pair in a couple of years once they perfect them a bit more and the price drops by at least 50%.

I have the HTC Vive (have had for over a year), and while they are awesome, they were expensive back then. Over the past year, the price has dropped by a few hundred dollars (I have $900 in mine with the new strap). I think they are around $500-$600 now. I've been in the technology field for over 30 years now, and I've never seen technology advance as rapidly as it has in the past few years.

Reactions: MotherOfDrones
Same here. I'm using my MPP for two weeks now, in my spare time, when the weather conditions are okay.

During my first flight day, the 'Motor current error' occurred a few times, but never again afterwards. After the firmware upgrade to 1.04.01 and app upgrade to 4.1.18 the app started tot crash occasionally during flights. I'm still working on preventing that to happen. Tried some changes (downgrade to 4.1.15, update to newer 4.1.18 versions), and will try some other ones (using other USB port, other smartphone) to see what helps. Although the crashing app is somewhat frustrating, the joy of flying the drone and taking some nice photos and videos prevails.

Contributions to this forum are very helpful, thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Reactions: k3vnnyork
I've been using the current firmware without any issues (though I did need to recalibrate the compass). I've flown it on two long waypoint missions (once yesterday and another today) for a few miles, without any issues (other than loosing signal at about 5,000 feet). But the RTH kicked in as usual and Bosco came back home and landed right on target. I'm in relatively flat terrain, so I can't get signal 3 miles away. Its times like this when I wish I lived on a mountain.

I have not tried flying to far away from me yet but will be having a go over the next week. Yeah flying inside was a bit hair raising until I googled the settings best for that type of flying and switched to that. It is a good duster. Paper was flying everywhere in my office. With the cage fully protecting the blades and on tripod mode it made me way more confident. Even flew it past my head without flinching although it took a lot not to. The noise is a lot more with the blades that are supplied with the cage setup. They are shorter in length than the standard blades. I did not like my VR goggles at first and had to buy some cheap glasses to change my site to see clearer.

After the firmware upgrade to 1.04.01 and app upgrade to 4.1.18 the app started tot crash occasionally during flights. I'm still working on preventing that to happen. Tried some changes (downgrade to 4.1.15, update to newer 4.1.18 versions), and will try some other ones (using other USB port, other smartphone) to see what helps.

Update: neither using another USB port and better cable, nor using another Android device prevented from incidental app crashes happening again, under different circumstances (during far flight, after nearby tripod session). It's annoying and distracting, but in this learning phase it's also interesting to observe the system's behavior when all sorts of odd things happen.

In the end it would be nice though to get the system into a state of stability, so I can just rely on it while focusing on filming and flying...

I would get constant crashes on any device that I used that was also used to perform other functions, like being a phone, and/or having other apps on it. Also, DJI Go 4 and the other Drone Apps tend to need a fairly powerful processor. I have a Motorola Moto G5 and a Huawei MediaPad M3 that only run my drone Apps. Neither of these two devices have ever crashed, and video has always been super smooth. Keep in mind, these two devices have Octacore processors, and I wouldn't recommend running anything less than that. Again, I only run my drone apps on these two devices. No other apps, no phone service, no texting, no email, nothing else.

Update: neither using another USB port and better cable, nor using another Android device prevented from incidental app crashes happening again, under different circumstances (during far flight, after nearby tripod session). It's annoying and distracting, but in this learning phase it's also interesting to observe the system's behavior when all sorts of odd things happen.

In the end it would be nice though to get the system into a state of stability, so I can just rely on it while focusing on filming and flying...
DJI app crashes are nothing new. Once you find a stable version keep a copy available in case that uninvited update happens to screw you again.

You can try Litchi. Less than $25 makes it worth a try. An uninstall and refund is offered for a short period in case it does not work with your platform.

Same here. I'm using my MPP for two weeks now, in my spare time, when the weather conditions are okay.

During my first flight day, the 'Motor current error' occurred a few times, but never again afterwards. After the firmware upgrade to 1.04.01 and app upgrade to 4.1.18 the app started tot crash occasionally during flights. I'm still working on preventing that to happen. Tried some changes (downgrade to 4.1.15, update to newer 4.1.18 versions), and will try some other ones (using other USB port, other smartphone) to see what helps. Although the crashing app is somewhat frustrating, the joy of flying the drone and taking some nice photos and videos prevails.

Contributions to this forum are very helpful, thanks for your input!

Lately my app go 4 is crashing on me very often, I still can not fine the solution yet.
in my case at first it lost image transmission very often and than after that the app keep crashing every minute.
after reinstall the app fly really good for few days and start crashing again this is very frustrating especially when aerial photography....
I am thinking of trying android instead of iPhone to see if it solve the problem.

Hey, I just want to ask if this is Normal, when I start my Mavic pro platinum, The propellers are slow then then speed up. Doesn’t do that with my Mavic pro . Is this normal. Thanks u

Yes, slow propeller speed up when starting the motors is normal for the Platinum. Looks beautiful don't you think?

Lately my app go 4 is crashing on me very often, I still can not fine the solution yet.
in my case at first it lost image transmission very often and than after that the app keep crashing every minute.
after reinstall the app fly really good for few days and start crashing again this is very frustrating especially when aerial photography....
I am thinking of trying android instead of iPhone to see if it solve the problem.
I have the same issue- I've been recommended to update to iOS 11.2 and will try that route to see if that resolves it for me.

Okay, today I did a short drone session (video here) and had no app crash on my Android smartphone (Oneplus 3). I used the stock cable connection (mini USB) and had changed one app setting: General Settings > Cache Locally When Recording: off. If this really would be the solution, I could live with it.

Hey, I just want to ask if this is Normal, when I start my Mavic pro platinum, The propellers are slow then then speed up. Doesn’t do that with my Mavic pro . Is this normal. Thanks u
Normal, it's just the FOC ESCs showing off.

Reactions: tedten
I had the same issue where the DJI go app was constantly crashing on my iphone x. I cleared my cache and it has been stable since.

Okay, today I did a short drone session (video here) and had no app crash on my Android smartphone (Oneplus 3). I used the stock cable connection (mini USB) and had changed one app setting: General Settings > Cache Locally When Recording: off. If this really would be the solution, I could live with it.

This was not the only solution though. The DJI GO 4 app still crashed a couple of times two days ago during a somewhat longer flight.

Today however, I was pleased to observe that after changing more settings, the app crashed (stopped) only once! This was during a long session: I flew three batteries. What I changed was:

Once (at home):
1. In smartphone Android settings > Apps, disable Battery optimization for DJI GO 4.​

Once (at home):
1. Turn on controller and drone.
2. Open DJI GO 4 and "Go Fly"
3. Pull menu or home button and go to setting, Developer options, "Running services"
4. "Stop" all "DJI GO 4" entries
5. Go to "More" on the top right corner, then "Show cached processes", and "Stop" "DJI GO 4" entries
6. Back to DJI GO 4. change map to Google (i.e. check if Google maps appear correctly in the Map window).​

Startup sequence before flying:
  1. Start Remote Controller
  2. Start Mavic, wait for READY TO GO on RC display
  3. Connect Smartphone (in Airplane Mode), unlock screen, wait for app to launch
During the session:
Each time when returning to home point, land the Mavic, turn off motors and in the app, exit the camera window back to the white startup screen. In settings (3 dashes top right corner) tap Flight Record to see if the flights appear in the list.
This way, the app stopped only once, nearby when approaching the home point.

Reactions: KGerb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair