DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low light video from Mini 3 Pro is that good! Watch my teaser shot at blue hour.

That is some really lovely work. Very encouraged by what you have done here.

I re-reviewed the footage on my iPad Pro (with the mini LED). And it looks even better. I just realised; the entire package is just excellent. I never imagined we would have this technology with the controller even for less than 1000 euro or dollar. Also the fact that it is below 250 grams and will stay in the air for about 30 minutes..

Great skills with the composition and editing also!
It's all in one for the first time. A drone that I've been waiting for for years. Thanks a lot for nice comment

Reactions: test2000Anafi
Leaving the video qualities to others to comment on, I was impressed with the smooth flying!
The sticks on the new RC have a lot more "travel" or range so it's not hard to maintain a precise movement. Thanks!

Reactions: PAW
Mindful of the heavy handed approach to image processing in the 24/25/30 fps "HQ" modes I shot this video in 50 fps sacrificing full stop of light. Yet it looks very good and it's less demanding in post than low light videos I shot with Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S. It absolutely destroys it's predecessor Mini 2 but that was a given. Let me know what your thoughts are on this!
Looks really good. Did you do any noise reduction? My first flight in the daylight yesterday had more noise than I’ve seen in almost any video posted online.

Looks really good. Did you do any noise reduction? My first flight in the daylight yesterday had more noise than I’ve seen in almost any video posted online.
Yes. I usually do this even if no noise is visible. But this time I used strength of 10 out of 100 and only because some noise was showed up when I was lifting exposure in post. You may see some noise if you film in D-Cinelike and 48/50/60. Especially on a darker day or in high contrast conditions. It's not a bad thing really as dclinelike is meant for post production. Also when compressing a video it will always clean up the noise to a degree.

Mindful of the heavy handed approach to image processing in the 24/25/30 fps "HQ" modes I shot this video in 50 fps sacrificing full stop of light. Yet it looks very good and it's less demanding in post than low light videos I shot with Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S. It absolutely destroys it's predecessor Mini 2 but that was a given. Let me know what your thoughts are on this!

Very nicely done. I have been bouncing back and forth between Mini3 and Mavic 3 reviews for a week now and still can't decide. I fly an I2 X5s and a P4Pro, but would like to have a drone that isn't such a pain to transport. Quality is important to me so I don't want to sacrifice for expedient travel. Your great work here kind of leads me to believe that the Mini3 would fit perfectly, thank you for sharing it.

That was just gorgeous!

And inspirational... gonna grab my A2S and do something similar at the Santa Cruz boardwalk tonight, weather permitting. While it won't be apples/apples, it is a similar scene and should provide a gross level comparison under similar lighting.

Very nicely done. I have been bouncing back and forth between Mini3 and Mavic 3 reviews for a week now and still can't decide. I fly an I2 X5s and a P4Pro, but would like to have a drone that isn't such a pain to transport. Quality is important to me so I don't want to sacrifice for expedient travel. Your great work here kind of leads me to believe that the Mini3 would fit perfectly, thank you for sharing it.
Thanks a lot. I shot at night with Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S with some degree of success. Even with right subject and conditions Mini 2 could do in a pinch if I couldn't fly anything heavier. Mini 3 Pro is a game changer. It actually preforms better in low light then all the other drones I have tested. The convenience of the size, the new controller and USB charging is a big factor for me. Im planning to sell the rest of my fleet and just leave this drone in their stead.

Looks very nice and peaceful. I'm new to this and would like to get some experience in editing. I do have Final Cut Pro; we will see.

That was just gorgeous!

And inspirational... gonna grab my A2S and do something similar at the Santa Cruz boardwalk tonight, weather permitting. While it won't be apples/apples, it is a similar scene and should provide a gross level comparison under similar lighting.
I would have done the same sadly I can't really fly my a2s so close to people. I have done some comparison in differnt area using my Mini 3 Pro and friends footage from Mavic 3 shot in HLG. The footage from Mavic 3 was mighty impressive but when I put the clips one after another quite a few people couldn't tell which one was which. I could definitely squeezze a lot more from M3 and the detail in mids was a lot better but Mini 3 did hell of a good job.

Looks very nice and peaceful. I'm new to this and would like to get some experience in editing. I do have Final Cut Pro; we will see.
Final Cut Pro is what I'm using. It's a very good and quite simple editor. Just take your time. There are many good tutorials on YT if you get stuck.

Reactions: HDSRaptor
Yes. I usually do this even if no noise is visible. But this time I used strength of 10 out of 100 and only because some noise was showed up when I was lifting exposure in post. You may see some noise if you film in D-Cinelike and 48/50/60. Especially on a darker day or in high contrast conditions. It's not a bad thing really as dclinelike is meant for post production. Also when compressing a video it will always clean up the noise to a degree.
What noise software are you using? I'm learning DaVinci Resolve and trying to figure out what is the best way to go about reducing noise in the footage.

This is just beautiful. And as someone else said, Bournemouth has come up in the world in the last 24 years!! (when I was last there)

Reactions: Derlisz
I already commented on youtube 6 days ago!. This is one of the best low light videos of the mini 3 that i have seen, maybe the best!, so I am very happy that you can achieve this with this drone!, because the other 95% of night videos out there look terrible, they are in auto/normal mode, and it looks all blurry because of the in-drone noise reduction, and make me doubt if I should buy it or not, because I am especially interested in making blue hour city videos. Also I like how you managed to make the very dark areas look not pitch-black like in most other videos, but to have a bit of color.

Reactions: test2000Anafi
What noise software are you using? I'm learning DaVinci Resolve and trying to figure out what is the best way to go about reducing noise in the footage.
I can tell you exactly how to do it in Davinci provided that you have the paid Studio version. It's possible to do in a free version but more complicated and time consuming. If that's the case for you there are good YT tutorials on the subject.

This is just beautiful. And as someone else said, Bournemouth has come up in the world in the last 24 years!! (when I was last there)
Thanks for your kind words. Provided I have time and break in the weather I'll try to do a complete video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom